Condensation in Lights

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
will the tubes or the 4 holes sort it out even if its this bad!!
even my fogs b100dy steam up!

IMG_6702.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
not ALL ibiza do it about 9/10 of ibiza do. i will moan my socks off and if worst comes to worst i will try this tube mod dont look that bad as there hidden away anyway the rear covers

stu666

Stuart
Nov 8, 2006
Scotland
would expect better from a volkswagen based manufacturer.
My Ibiza is about a month old and every bloody light on the thing steams up if the weather is remotely damp!

maddest_cow_eva

I totally agree with you on this- mine did it about a month after I collected it. With the amount we pay for cars you'd think they'd find a decent solution [:@] . I have to say since mine were replaced they have been so much better, although do sometimes get a little misted but clears in no time, no actual droplets (Touch wood and all that). Make sure you take pics and get on to Seat about it. Good luck :)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
my car has gone into the stealers to have a turbo gasket changed so i said while it was there could they have a look at at the misting lights and they have decided to to replace both headlamps under warranty havent got the car back yet but they better have put my bumper back on good with no scratches!
and i had a full tank too!

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Well I did have a little misting in my nearside light but I have been driving around without either of the rear covers on for about five weeks now and despite the awful wet weather in the North both of my lights are clear as crystal!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
some car manufactures have got silicon hiden in the headla,mp somewhere as the moisture is produced in the headlamp the silicon will soak all moisture up strait away had a car in work last month some time heavey front end and had loads of white powder every where this is what it was silicon (on a new shape honda accord)

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
mines are actually terrible looking, got the full beams and xenons on just now trying to blast them with heat to dry them out, also drilled some holes around the covers to try see if that helps.......blasted headlights.....anyone else came up with a solution, read the page 5 ones seem ok.

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
so what is the best solution? just drill some holes, or have to put some tube like one on page 5?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise