condensation on inside of headlights.

langleycuprablk

hi there.

Has anyone had problems with condensation on the inside of the headlights? i seem to get this quite reguarly, is there a leak somewhere and is there anything i can do about it?

my mate the same problem, so any idea?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
EVERYONE has had this problem chap. get them replaced under warranty if you can. if not, drill half a dozen holes in the plastic cover that goes on the back of your headlights (inside the bonnet). if you know how to, use the search thingy and you will find loads of methods. :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Now before anyone says I am normaly very anti search in that answering a question once or twice is ok but EVERY WEEK is starting to get ****ing annoying. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
yup you do get used to this being asked every week lol
probably the most common problem on the beezas
oh! that and people asking for what tyres to buy...... which once yes i too was guilty of:p

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Drill holes as per pics and the problem will go away in a couple of days
2007_0116pics0010.jpg

2007_0116pics0009.jpg

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
somthing like that mate only got two but the beeza just aint that big dealers happy though thats 3 cars in 18 months now
1.4 sport bought new
1.8t fr bought new
2.0tdi leon sport ex demonstrator running out of cash now :(

michaelvrs

Drill holes as per pics and the problem will go away in a couple of days
2007_0116pics0010.jpg

2007_0116pics0009.jpg

I’ve got really bad condensation in my Fabia lights (with large water droplets forming!) which I would like to get rid of before putting her up for sale.

Had a quick search and see people have solved this by removing the rear cover and putting the hair dryer in!? Is the cover above the cover they mean or a different one?

Thanks

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
yep thats the cover you take off to change the bulbs
But you could just take them off for a couple of days and drive with the lights on it should clear them

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
I have also noticed this.
Not happy about it.:(
The car is only 4 weeks old.
I thought about taking it in to get new ones under warranty but surely they would just go the same.
I've also noticed it on the back lights but not as bad.

Norrie.

Vag_Dave

!! Diesel Power !!
Jan 15, 2007
South Wales
I have the same problem with mine!

I have driven around with my lights on since i have had my FR (a month) and that hasn't seemed to cure it. The salesman said as you use it a bit more you will see it fade . . . if anything it has got worse.

I'm defo going to give the drilling of the light cover a go, if it works it will be nice and easy :)

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
anyone any ideas on how to remove the whole headlight section on the mk4 beeza? I want to bring them inside and do the hair dryer trick, and clean them out, then fit some silica gel sachets to the covers to prevent the problem happening again. Is there a way to remove them without taking the whole bumper and all off?

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Seats line on the warrenty replacement is to get a picture of the headlight with water in it with your number plate in view.... not sure how i do that really lol...

They wont change one of mine because its not steamed up but its dirty on the iside of the lense :(

I really do think i should give up trying and get a jap car like a nice honda civic lol.... who am i kiddin i love my beeza... the troment :(

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I've got different coloured headlights! Beat that one! One is definitely black like it should be, the inner casing that is, and the other seems to be a lighter black, with a hint of green in! Presume its the plastic fading!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise