Confused over Dogbone mount

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Can somebody tell me where and what to buy. Seen numerous posts on this subject....034 Motorsport or Powerflex(what colour). Any links appreciated.

My mount so....what type is it
f529b0f3e858ab6ace7825600a0569e7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
Take a look on Aweomse GTI - they offer a number of mounts/inserts and their customer service is spot on, which is always a bonus.

You will need a 'Version 2' mount/insert - most products will give you a diagram which shows the mount you have and which one will be needed.

Reactions: Blade

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
What option do most prefer on here? Uprated mount or Insert? What brand?? Thanks

Edit: Sorry should add, Now Ive used the search function and read up about the Mount/Insert, I think Im after advice on whats the preferred brand of insert to have? Just to add this will be for my Cupra ST 280 that is used as a daily/family car, so dont want something intrusive in terms of vibrations. Thanks

Last edited:

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
What option do most prefer on here? Uprated mount or Insert? What brand?? Thanks

Edit: Sorry should add, Now Ive used the search function and read up about the Mount/Insert, I think Im after advice on whats the preferred brand of insert to have? Just to add this will be for my Cupra ST 280 that is used as a daily/family car, so dont want something intrusive in terms of vibrations. Thanks

All of the aluminum inserts will be the same, you'll only be paying extra for the manufactures name - so it depends on how much you want to brag that you paid X amount for a piece of aluminum that you will never see again.

Personally, I'll be going for the Leyo one... because I like their stuff... and its anodised...

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I had the 034 on my Golf R and found it very good, however I’ve seen a few people saying they bend.

Just want something I can fit and forget. I have no experience of the soft powerflex options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayClarke

Apr 18, 2018
Derby
I had the 034 on my Golf R and found it very good, however I’ve seen a few people saying they bend.

Just want something I can fit and forget. I have no experience of the soft powerflex options.

I've read that too and heard it may have to down to not torquing it correctly when fitting and launching the car/generally pushing the car hard all the time.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Has anyone tried the Revo one although it's a complete replacement I think and therefore trickier to install.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016

I'm using the Powerflex road grade insert on my Cupra ST (yellow I think) with JB4, bolt-ons & FMIC. Between that, Super Sports & deactivating the torque limiter, my off the line performance isn't hit and miss anymore. The car leaps off like a stabbed rat. With the torque limited still activated you had to really overdo a start like an idiot to get any wheel hop. I like to test how things fare. It passed my test or I'd have gone and tried another insert. Even with lots more power, the car feels very composed. The material will not degrade and will not permanently deform as aluminium inserts may do on occasion.

Reactions: Blade

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

I have the exact same car but a Mk1 insert. For me I went with 034 Motorsport as it was the only one they had in stock.

NVH increases initially, but o let noticeable on startup and in reverse. After that it’s vreat.

Not sure if it beds in over time but I would say after a few weeks either you stop noticing any difference or it gets better. Either way traction is better and wheel hop (combined with my tyres) is gone.

Deleted member 103408

Has anyone tried the Revo one although it's a complete replacement I think and therefore trickier to install.

Yes I am using the Revo one but along with the Engine mounts. I got them fitted as I was having a load of other stuff done at the same time so cant confirm how easy / difficult to fit. So far very impressed with the whole setup but Revo did say these things come pre loaded so they are hard to start with and get a bit softer after a while, will update when I have had some use out of them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.