Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Convenience unit ??

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by halftone, May 30, 2013.

1. halftone

halftone Active Member

I posted before about problems with my brothers car, 2 months after buying it he's still trying to get it sorted by Evans halshaw.

They've had his car in today to look at why it doesn't click when indicating. It hasn't done since the day he bought it. They've told him it needs a new convenience unit, which isn't covered by his 30 day warranty, and will cost £450.

Are they trying it on ?

If not, how easy a job is it to replace myself ?

Searching the forums, convenience unit brings up a load of threads about electric mirrors/central locking not working. He doesn't have a problem with any of those, just no sound or warning noise when indicating/leaving lights on, and the problem I posted before about no power to stereo.

#1 halftone, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Full Member

in the book it's labelled "onboard power supply " I'd research the price elsewhere /refurb cost-- try REman see if they can help

3. Phil_JJ

It would more likely be a fault with the instrument panel.

What kind of ibiza is it?