COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
The serial cable and vds pro is the better way to do it, the Czech stuff locks your ccm so you can't do anything with it after.
I went with the vds pro because I had to recode my ccm for the Mk4 golf estate as it came from a hatch and the wiring's different so like if you locked the car the boot lid would pop open lol

Had to do loads of coding now I remember, I retrofitted all the electrics so I've only got myself to blame :D

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Erm, i've not seen any reports of the czech app locking the ccm? Are you mixing it up with the kvw100 module? That one locks the ccm so no-one can copy the device and they can continue to charge £40 for a one off change...

And then some bright spark figured it out anyway and they werent able to sell any more!

Edit: Have a look at the first post here;

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=282399

Last edited:

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
The VAGCOM software is the best option to test the lead and the ports (pc and car). However, it can't do anything with the windows. The Czech software can do the windows, but being in a different language it's difficult to fault find if it doesn't work.

Once you've got VAGCOM set up and working, then you switch to the Czech stuff and do the business. But you're not at that stage yet.

I should have asked earlier what car are you doing this on? Also, has your head unit been replaced at any point, as that can mess up the OBDII port.

I am doing this on a Cupra R MK1 (55 Plate), and yes I replaced my head unit recently. I did read something about the K line going through the head unit wiring and that if I have an aftermarket stereo, things could go pop but nothing has happened. Also everytime I try something using the vagcom lead, I can see the activity light flashing each time so I know the connection between the laptop and the vagcom lead are fine, jsut wont communicate with my car!

I think what I will do is replace the aftermarket with the standard HU and switch the perm and posi back over, then try it

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Erm, i've not seen any reports of the czech app locking the ccm? Are you mixing it up with the kvw100 module? That one locks the ccm so no-one can copy the device and they can continue to charge £40 for a one off change...

And then some bright spark figured it out anyway and they werent able to sell any more!

Edit: Have a look at the first post here;

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=282399

Cool, you learn something old everyday lol

Greedy gits

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
just done it in my 2003 lc tdi. i have used that Czech program and cheap blue vag cable. but i needed to register the program.
i

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Still no joy after taking out the head unit, and trying on a different laptop. I can even hear the vagcom lead/adaptor making a noise when its trying to communicate, and the blue light..so frustrating. The only thing I can think of is if its blocked in some way i.e car software.

This is where my knowledge leaves me. :help:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Still no joy after taking out the head unit, and trying on a different laptop. I can even hear the vagcom lead/adaptor making a noise when its trying to communicate, and the blue light..so frustrating. The only thing I can think of is if its blocked in some way i.e car software.

This is where my knowledge leaves me. :help:

Does vagcom connect to the ccm ok?

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Making a noise? That's not good... I wonder if you have fried your lead?

No I know what you mean. Usually noises aren't good. It does sound like it is meant to make a noise, kinda like when a CD is being read in a computer. Getting no response from the CCM but the laptop detects and communicates with the vagcom lead fine.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
No I know what you mean. Usually noises aren't good. It does sound like it is meant to make a noise, kinda like when a CD is being read in a computer. Getting no response from the CCM but the laptop detects and communicates with the vagcom lead fine.

I think you might find everyone else's lead is pretty quiet... :whistle:

From that earlier link it suggests that the k line used to tell the car that it wants to talk is the one that is made live, and is where the damage happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised if your laptop still recognises the lead as 'present'.

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
I think you might find everyone else's lead is pretty quiet... :whistle:

From that earlier link it suggests that the k line used to tell the car that it wants to talk is the one that is made live, and is where the damage happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised if your laptop still recognises the lead as 'present'.

Thinking about buying a new cable. Thing is it's one of those things I can live without, having the windows auto roll up. It's the fact that I can't get it working that :censored: me off! Considering if it's really worth it now...

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I wouldn't be overly worried about getting the windows working. I would be far more worried about the inability to access fault codes. If you get a warning light up, you're progressing along a river of excrement with no viable means of propulsion....

:)

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
I wouldn't be overly worried about getting the windows working. I would be far more worried about the inability to access fault codes. If you get a warning light up, you're progressing along a river of excrement with no viable means of propulsion....

:)

Yeah I know what you mean, although a garage would have more success surely lol. I have ordered a new cable, hopefully have more joy with this one!