COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
cheers. I got the software to work in windows vista and modified the keyboard layout. Only trouble im having now is changing the usb cable to com port 1. Unfortunatly the properties of the usb cable doesnt allow you see or change the com port. Has anybody ever used Vdos 32bit?

Last edited:

brad1

hi there
i have tried but dont have a clue on how to do it after loads of mad attempts lol
anybody in south east kent area want to meet up and do it for me????
cheers

BigDave67

Now with out spending lots of money on alientech or autowindows you can now open and close your windows with your remote keyfob...

Just need a laptop with serial connection, or a long ass serial extension cable from your desktop, a copy of VDc_pro which i will provide a link to if requested, and a serial version of the vag-com cable (i think 2002 and newer leons require the dual kkl cable £14 off ebay)...

And use the following instructions:

You can't do this from any windows version (Dos only!), with any USB interface or with VAG-COM or a VW 1551 tester.

Use the following procedure to reprogram the module

1. start vds from boot disk + turn ignition on(not start car)
2. connect to central convenience (46)
3. start login procedure (11)
4. use the code 19283
5. read serial eeprom (26)

Check memory locations:

They should show up with 2 lines of values just look at the 1st value on the dec04361 line it should read 10

for all 3 memory locations the 1st value should be 10

6. write serial eeprom (27)

you then type in the 3 memory address again:

and put the new value as 2

You can now read serial eeprom (26) again to check that the 1st value in the memory address's has been changed to 2

7. end output (06)

close and exit program disconnect from car.

Now exit your car and lock it. When you now open your car with the keyfob and hold the button the windows should start to roll down and stop when you lift your finger. Also when you lock the car now and hold the button down the windows will go up(close) until you lift your finger off the button...

And hey presto you got remote windows!!!

Going to look into only making the front windows go up/down, i don't usually like having the rear windows open.

Do you think this will work on my 2002 Ibiza,? I know the plug-in unit won't work as it's 2003 onwards.

My Ibiza was the first of the new shape released in 2002, does that make it a mark 4? I'm not sure on the model history of the Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:

brad1

still have not got a clue on how to do this, is there anybody near the kent area that wants to meet up and do this for me??
its driving me mad now :censored:

Jille

it should work on all Mk4 models (6L) that were built before may 2005.

af1

Feb 17, 2008
you got a com port cable.. not usb..
and a computer/laptop running dos, not windows xp/200/vista etc.?

like an old one with windows 98 etc?

i have the laptop if yu have the right lead dude

text me or pm me :)

BigDave67

it should work on all Mk4 models (6L) that were built before may 2005.

Thanks Jille, I was fairly confident it would work, but did wonder as the plug in flash thing doesn't do 2002. I've just ordered a serial cable, can't wait for it to arrive.

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Tried getting this to work through DOXbox and mounting the 'virtual' serial 2 port to the COM5 which is set as the Serial/USB convertor.

Without much success though as DOSbox just crashes as soon as VDS_Pro attemps to connect... :(

Last edited:

BigDave67

My cable arrived and auto windows WORKS!!!!! I can confirm remote windows works on my 02 Ibiza.

Just a couple of notes to add to the instructions for simpletons like me.

I thought the boot CD you make booted into VDC but it doesn't. You have to type vdc_e (I think it was that, type dir at the prompt and it will show as the only exe in the directory) at the prompt to get the application to run. I guess like me, most people who will attempt this will have some knowledge of a computer and navigating in dos, so would work out do a dir and find the exe. Having found what to run I had another problem, on my laptop the keyboard layout loaded differed to the actual layout, for example sift+9 gave me a bracket the other way round to the picture on the key and it took a while to find the _ for running vdc_e. Try the / key if you have the same problem.

Once the program had loaded it could not connect to the controller. I knew it wasn't the cable as VAG-COM had connected earlier. The problem was the baud rate was on auto detect. From the main screen go to configuration (alt +f) and then connection (press c ). You should get a screen with connection options press f to put a check next to fixed. The rate should already be 9600. Ok and come out back to the main screen, you should now be able to connect to the controllers.

Finally when entering 2 put is as 02, otherwise VDC will crash out. Don't worry write eprom doesn't ask which location in the memory address to put the 2, it puts it at the 1st value.

Many thanks to gtd86 for the instructions and link to download vdc pro.

drvince

May 10, 2004
The Netherlands
I made a corrected & reworked version of the VDS Pro ISO.

- It now has the correct config file / baudrate settings, to work with most cables (as this seemed to be the main problem)
- Set to COM1
- Keyboard layout changed to standard U.S. (qwerty) , instead of German (!!!) :)
- Boots from CD, automatically starts the software ( vdc _ e . exe)

Download here and burn the ISO CD Image :
http://www.box.net/shared/3g847h6rld

( Remember : This is a BOOTABLE CD. And that's the only way to use it )

Or only the (extracted) files when you need them :
http://www.box.net/shared/1k4782akop

Last edited:

Deleted member 12147

Cheers, this worked for me. :D

Is there anyway to program the windows to auto close when the car is locked? instead of having to stand there with your finger on the button until they've closed?

drvince

May 10, 2004
The Netherlands
Cheers, this worked for me. :D

Is there anyway to program the windows to auto close when the car is locked? instead of having to stand there with your finger on the button until they've closed?

No ,

The functionality depends on your comfort module type/version.
Some cars have 'one-touch' operation, other 'hold-down'.

Deleted member 12147

How about just controlling the front windows instead of all four. Can this be done?