Coolant level strange events

bondwithme

Hi,

My coolant level is bang on max when cold but drops to just above min when up at normal temp (90c) When I open the cap and de pressurize the system the level is back to max again the same thing happens when it cools down completely. Seat have no idea:confused: which is no surprise I am obviously not loosing coolant as the level is bang on when cold, also both rad fans run when the a/c is switched on is this normal? looks like low speed.

The coolant thing seems a bit back to front to me:confused::think:

Thanks in advance

Toledo 2001 1.9 tdi se (110bhp)

Last edited by a moderator:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
My coolant is sitting between max and min when cold, not checked it yet when hot. With the a/c switched on both my fans also run at slow speed so sounds normal and nothing to worry about.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I suspect a weak coolant hose which is bulging with the build up of pressure as the car heats up. Check them all when cold, remember the dimensions, and check again when hot.

bondwithme

hi,

have checked hoses no problem also car keeps pressue in ex tank for over 24 hrs even in todays temps (-1) is this normal? car heating is good after 10 mins of running and I have replaced stat and temp sender. Have repalced coolant with g12 and its still pink so now really puzzled

Thanks

2001 110 tdi