Coolant Loss & Loss of Power

northern monkey

Mar 3, 2008
Tyne&Wear
Here goes, my wife has a 1.4tdi and last night she experienced a drop off in power (unable to go above 50mph) and a temp needle in the red.
She got home eventually and when she parked up the car was steaming away like a kettle.
I let the car cool and topped up the fluid level, the fluid began to run out again but I couldn't see where from, I presumed it had a split hose or something similar.

This morning I did a bit of reading on here and discovered there was a potential common issue with heater matrix pipes, so I again topped up fluid and had a looksee (i also tried to start the car and it fired no problem, ran no problem so I turned it straight off obviously so it didn't get hot again).

I could see the water dripping off the bottom of the bulkhead
drip 1.jpg

I looked a bit further up and saw what I presume to be the 2 heater matrix pipes with what looks to be evidence of the leak.
drip 3.jpg
drip 2.jpg

If I'm correct in thinking this is the most obvious location of the leak, what's involved in the repair and what part do I need from the dealer (presuming they're dealer parts??) to complete the job.?

Many thanks in advance folks.
John.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.