Coolant pipe change.

lluna_polanco

Jul 9, 2018
Hello Guys,

First of all I would like to thanks you for reading and looking forward for your reply.

I need to change the coolant pipe that I've attached to this thread, however I think I might need to remove the intake manifold to be able to get to it, I wonder if this is the case and also if there's a gasket between the intake manifold and the head.

I've searched different forums for this information to no avail.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    63 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    90 KB · Views: 62

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, which engine is fitted to your car?

If it is a petrol engine, usually the inlet manifold is plastic and has a rubber gasket that sits in a recess/groove in the plastic manifold, I can't say if you can expect to be able to refit using this gasket, sorry.

Reactions: lluna_polanco

lluna_polanco

Jul 9, 2018
Hi I, thanks for the reply, I got the 1.6 Litter engine, the engine code is BAH and is a 5 speed manual and it is indeed petrol. The inlet manifold is indeed plastic. Thanks for the information on the rubber gasket, let me go ahead and figure out the part number so I can order it before I go ahead and remove the intake.

lluna_polanco

Jul 9, 2018
Hi, which engine is fitted to your car?

If it is a petrol engine, usually the inlet manifold is plastic and has a rubber gasket that sits in a recess/groove in the plastic manifold, I can't say if you can expect to be able to refit using this gasket, sorry.

Thanks for the info, as you said it the inlet manifold has them rubber gasket, in my case they were still in good condition to re-use.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.