pert
Jun 2, 2001
coolanttemp.jpg

do you think the wires could be disconecteing/ed :confused: :(

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
chriskaven said:
My temperature warning light (with annoying beeping) keeps activating every now and then on cold starts. Is this likely to be a fault of the coolant temperature sensor also?? After a few miles it goes out. The temperature gauge works fine.

Aint that the actual coolant fluid level. If the levels ok then the sensor in the coolant bottle aint reading correct.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
jason said:
coolanttemp.jpg

do you think the wires could be disconecteing/ed :confused: :(

Not sure. But mine looks 100% the same as yours. For £20 i would change the sender. I did mine this afternoon, like Richard/Mork said it was a 2min job. Just dont panic when coolant starts coming out at pace. It stops pretty quickly. Have plenty of stuff (blue roll) around the sender to catch most of the fluid.

Easier than doing a dump valve. :cheers:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
in my roll as "midget G-spot finder "i caught lots of fluid :bleh: so no worries there,any misfortune on on airlocking ?

KBS

chriskaven said:
My temperature warning light (with annoying beeping) keeps activating every now and then on cold starts. Is this likely to be a fault of the coolant temperature sensor also?? After a few miles it goes out. The temperature gauge works fine.

try topping up the coolant level as this happened on my last seat after a service the coolant level droped after a air lock cleared it self..

John

chriskaven

Feb 25, 2002
Essex
Visit site
I tried topping up a while ago. It didn't really need topping up but I put a small amount in. It seemed to stop for a while but the problem is back and the coolant level is still just above the max mark.

ibiza owner

IBIZA Mk3 1.0Ltr MPi
My Temperature guage is working one minute and then falls quickly back down to cold as I am driving and then maybe up to normal again so I am thinking of changing my temp sender unit.

Is it in the same place on a Mk3 Ibiza 1Ltr MPI Engine do ye reckon? - Could a faulty temp sender unit stop the car going over 3000 revs sometimes do you recon like if the ECU is getting a reading that the engine is cold when its normal temperature?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
@ Jason,

I think you wil find that the green sensor has been superceeded with a black one so i'd upgrade it to the latest spec.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
techie said:
@ Jason,

I think you wil find that the green sensor has been superceeded with a black one so i'd upgrade it to the latest spec.
cheers ross,i'll getaround to it soon :rolleyes:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
techie said:
Might have got that around the wrong way then..lol

I'll double check tomorrow.
i'd appreciate a part number if you can please ross(2001 octavia vrs ) :cheers:

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
My level alert is coming on, when starting from cold sometimes too, i checked the level and its fine so think ill need to replace the level sensor. can someone give me the part number and price please?

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
mk4polo said:
should be underwarrenty mate?

go to camb seat!

true but runs out this week, so doubt they will fit me in to do it on warrenty?

got a quote for the part and was only a £10 so doesnt bother me to much will just do it myself eventually when i can be bothered, only done it once on very cold start.

they said the sensor comes on the coolent header tank so u need to buy the tank at £9.85+ VAT anyone know if this is the case?

Last edited: