Coolant temp sensor/sender Ibiza cupra mk3

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
they know their stuff so i would think they are right.
i want a new header tank for mine, its a bit brown where as my washer bottle (new one) is nice and clean and white!

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
mk4polo said:
they know their stuff so i would think they are right.
i want a new header tank for mine, its a bit brown where as my washer bottle (new one) is nice and clean and white!

yea your probably right
im just used to ford monkeys ;) they dont know jack, so many times have i gone in there to get stuff and it turns out to be the wrong bits :blink:

G-Rae

Oct 5, 2004
Dunfermline, Scotland
Madmile said:
Nice one, its working now but the car has been stood still in the garage for quite a few days without ever being moved. I am having lots of daft little faults at the moment mainly small electrical ones. The cars now on 44k and is 3.5 years old so things will start to fail. Next one will be the clutch/diff. And i keep hearing about waterpump failures a lot as well. I will just buy a new sensor and see what happens. On a plus side the car has never felt quicker.

Alright madmile, hows it going, You finished Call of Duty yet :rolleyes: ;)

Back to the topic at hand, i know where your coming from regarding the smal little electrical faults, think ive nearly had them all!! :confused: :(

Faulty Fuel Sensor
Faulty Temp Sensor
Faulty Water Pump Wheel
Coil Pack
Clutch Pedal
Electric Window Motor
etc :hide:

Just aswell the ive not had to pay for any of these to be fixed as i have an extended warranty from VW, if it wasn't and i'd had to pay for all of these things the car would be flogged. :thumbd:

Hope your car is better now, fingers crossed, touch wood and all that ive not had anything wrong wi my car in 5 weeks :thumbup:

thermalp4

Nov 1, 2004
South Wales
I'm having the same problems. My temp gauge needle shoots up and down all the time. Its even started to move along to the beat of the music! :)
Also ordered a new cooleant level sensor but that came as whole unit including the bottle which i wasnt too pleased about.

Reading an earlier post on this thread, one of the guys said that his 2001 cupra had hit 40k+ so he was expecing things to fail!

I hope thats not the case cause i've only just picked mine up; 51 plate on 42k. I thought that was ok mileage.

flashbsd

it will be fine mate, all the VAG range get these problems, engine is good for an easy 150k miles!

flashbsd

p.s mine had 22k and clutch pedal went, temp sensor and MAF. so don't worry

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members