Cooling Problems

Rafael Sawa

Hi guys, i'm new to this kind of sites so please be gentle ;)
I drive a 2004 Leon Cupra R (no mods)

Though i fell in love with my car the last 7 months, I ran into quite a problem.

The problem is that my temperature meter inside the car runs quickly up to 130 degrees when i floor it. But when I keep the revs down, the car doesn't overheat.

I've already replaced the thermostat but that didn't do the job. Furthermore when I meassured the temp on the engine and coolant it didn't exceed 90 degrees. An other point is that the tube leading from the radiator to the thermostat is always cold. No mather when i rev it or not. Also the fans on the radiator don't come on untill the engine reaches 130 degrees.

Sorry for my shabby english at some points, but i'm from the Netherlands.

Please give me a lead or help, or otherwise a link where I can find out more!

Thanks!!!

Rafael Sawa

waterpum hasn''t been replaced yet. but went for a check up 2 days before this happened.
Where is the coolant temp sensor located?

Dibs1980

Aug 28, 2011
Aberdeen
When bonnet is up and your looking at engine the sensor will be on your right hand side under some plastic covers a way to check if water pump is gone is to remove the small thin pipe that goes to coolant bottle,start car up and there should be steady stream of water coming out the pipe if not the plastic impeller at the back of pump has broken up

Rafael Sawa

Still need to ask a some things. At what mileage you normally replace the main belt? and beside that, i noticed this morning that when i turn on my heater inside the car, no mather what temp i set it on, it keeps blowing cold air.

Thanks

Dibs1980

Aug 28, 2011
Aberdeen
I think it's 60k miles or 4 years for timing belt you might have an air lock in cooling system I take it there's plenty water in coolant bottle?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.