Cordoba SX 2.0 16v start problem

jackburton

Hi all,

Just picked up an old 97 R reg Cordoba SX 2.0 16v.

Car starts and runs fine from cold but when I turn it off after it warming up it has difficulty starting and when it does splutter into life, when I press the accelerator it just stalls again.

After a few stalls and starts, it's back to normal again.

Anybody got any ideas, on another thread I read it could be a temperature sensor that is going/gone and it's trying to do a cold start on a hot engine?

thanks for any help.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Hi all,

Just picked up an old 97 R reg Cordoba SX 2.0 16v.

Car starts and runs fine from cold but when I turn it off after it warming up it has difficulty starting and when it does splutter into life, when I press the accelerator it just stalls again.

After a few stalls and starts, it's back to normal again.

Anybody got any ideas, on another thread I read it could be a temperature sensor that is going/gone and it's trying to do a cold start on a hot engine?

thanks for any help.

you changed your ingnition coil mate? could be worth a try.

jackburton

Thanks will give that a try.. :)

Any ideas roughly how much they cost and is it easy to do yourself? THanks

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Thanks will give that a try.. :)

Any ideas roughly how much they cost and is it easy to do yourself? THanks

if you go on eurocarparts.com and put your registration in, look through the engine parts section you'll find it bud. ive just got a new one, cost me £25. yeah its easy mate. if you find the centre/middle lead on your dizzy cap..follow the lead that plugs into a little unit. thats your ignition coil mate. it would be a lot easier to explain if you had a haynes manual. its an easy job. hope this helps

jackburton

Cool, found it under the bonnet thanks to your advice..

However, europarts want £55 for it and it's out of stock. I guess I'll have to go to SEAT for the part :-(

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Cool, found it under the bonnet thanks to your advice..

However, europarts want £55 for it and it's out of stock. I guess I'll have to go to SEAT for the part :-(

erm before you try seat mate try that ted johnson, its a dealer but there pretty decent too, you can appy for a discount card from then since were on a seat forum.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.