Cordoba SX Key Fob needed

Cordoba Cruiser

Jul 11, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
Does anyone have a keyfob that they no longer need? it has to be from a mk2 cordoba/ibiza. I believe it has to be from around 97 onwards.

I bought one off ebay but it was of a newer seat so did not work at all.

my car has a circuit board built in the rear view mirror with recievers at both ends of mirror? WOULD THIS BE INFARED :confused:

but have also been told that cordoba sx models with remote central locking have a aerial that lurks under one of the front wing? this would have to be radio frequency :confused:

cheers

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
yes is IR there is no arial, you have to code the key using the correct combination and the code is passed via infra red to the key.

the newer cars changed to radio, but not the 96-97

corrct the IR sensor is in the rear view mirror on each corner.

you can tell if its an IR key as it has a little sensor in the front by the blade of the key. the radio ones dont.

Cordoba Cruiser

Jul 11, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
Alright guys

The SEAT fob key I bought off ebay is made by siemens 433,92 mhz
part no~ 5WK4 790/97/98

it is a key/fob all in one with a internal machined grove for a key. I believe it is Infared is it any use for recoding to the cordy or not?

do you mean my cordoba has a aerial in dash and reciever in mirror? Mork

mirror for recieving signal from keyfob and aerial for tranmitting to key fob for reprogramming etc :blink:

cheers

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
ok does it have an LED looking sensor on the front by the blade? like a small light bulb.

not on the top where it flashes red but by the blade at the front.

the key you have bought looks like a radio one, with a transponder in the blade.

let me know if it has the sensor in the front.

Last edited:

Cordoba Cruiser

Jul 11, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
the sensor is inside the key fob when you split it into to halfs nothing on outside.
When assembled the sensor is hidden inside the casing just above the key blade. In the keyblade on the outside it looks to have a sensor moulded in

Hope that helps

Cheers for info

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
ok if there is no bulb poking out of the front by the black molded bit on the blade , it must be a radio key.

does your old key look the same? no sensor in the front also? the IR keys have a tv remote like bulb in the front.

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
you coded the key im guessing yes?

1 ignition on to red lights on dash
2 turn off immediately and pull key out
3 hold lock down.
4 PRESS the unlock 3 times ( with a SLIGHT pause) 1 . 2 . 3
5 watch led on key (should flash) and doors usually try lock/unlock
6 turn ignition key back on to red lights and wait 5 sec
7 key out again and test operation

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
sounds like it just needs coding, try the above instructions. we are getting there eventually.

Cordoba Cruiser

Jul 11, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
when I bought the car it came with no key fob.
The r.f key fob I have came from ebay so I now know it is a radio frequency, Thanks for all the help. The car I have is a 96 Cordoba sx 1.6 aft so this key wont work, am I correct guys yes?
Qoute from kiwi
the newer cars changed to radio, but not the 96-97
correct the IR sensor is in the rear view mirror on each corner.

Cheers

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
yes if you have the red see through bits in the rear view mirror that is for IR reciever.

mine was a 96 and was IR not rf.

i had two fobs for mine but sold the car to pete at ice cavern a few weeks back sorry.

if its any consilation, they are bloody anoying anyway, i used the key most of the time. things like bright sun means they dont work and also the batteries go very quickly.

Last edited:

Cordoba Cruiser

Jul 11, 2003
Aberdeen
Visit site
Thanks for your help Kiwi
you owned the cordoba that is getting stripped for makeover,
What happened to your cordy blow a head gasket or something?? I love the sound the aft engines make when reved up. That new ibiza tdi are getting powerful bet you get better mpg from that than cordy I get about 35-40 when not canning it

maybe Pete would sell one????

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
yeah the cordy is being stripped, you could contact pete and see if he will sell you one of his fobs.

not sure what happend to the engine, i think some crud got sucked into the cylinders and it needs an engine re-build so was just going to cost too much.

i was getting 25-30 mpg 30 at best out of the cordy. i now get 40mpg when being heavy on the throttle and 50mpg when at light cruising speeds.

ohh yes loved the cordy but i like having more power now, still makes me smile.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
The cetral locking is IR with the reciever in the rear view I think, but oddly under the passenger side front wing there is also a wire wount aeriel of some description, but I don't know what that is for :confused:

I have 2 key fobs I don't need, no idea if they work as I think the batteries are dead.

Pete