Cordoba tdi s 1.9 estate

nigelsmurf

:help:Hi there I have just got a Cordoba tdi estate and have only driven it a handful of times as I have had nothing but trouble with it. First thing was it was turning over really slow so I thought it was the battery so I changed it but in doing that the immobiliser and code sequence was out. So I towed it to the seat dealer for a re code new, spare key and a ecu reset costing me £156.26 which did not think that was too bad but then they said the dash was lighting up on its own which was causing the battery to go flat so they quoted me to clean ecu and dash inserts earths at £129.10
If that’s not the prob they wanted to change the dash panel switches at £366.85
As I could not afford to spend this sort of money I had to bring it back and try to do it my self but the car would not start as the battery was flat and when it did the glow plug light was flashing. When I got it home and in the work shop I tested the battery as I should have done at the start of it all and it was fine but turning over really slow so I started to check the wiring and found a really bad connection to the start motor so I cleaned it and now turns over like a new one so not a flat battery!! Then I cleaned all the earths I could find but glow plug light still flashing and then found the ecu ooooo dear I found it wrapped up in a bag with more water in the bag than out!! so then I found you guys and tried lots of things that you have suggested but all to glow plug still flashing and now the immobiliser has cut in again and wont start again so need some more help!!!
I am now thinking its the ecu wot you think???

Last edited by a moderator:

nigelsmurf

No its not I have heard I is quite commune on golf and polo wot a dumb place to put a ecu and mine looks like a Wight furry blob only prob is finding the right one for my car!!!!
part number is 038 906 018 ec

Its giving me bad times

mike_f

Ive had very similar problems to you Nigel. one morning the thing wouldnt start, tested the battery and it was shot. Bought a new one, started once had an amzing drive :) then next morning nothing. Possible drain, i hear u ask....Yes! lol
So i found the radio was faulty. Battery out - charged to full - battery back in.....Nothing.
Then i see theres air bubbles in the fuel lines. so here i am, wandering how to drain the system. Any help or experience youve had with yours would be greatly received. cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.