1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Cornering fog lights

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by SteveGSXR600K1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. SteveGSXR600K1

SteveGSXR600K1 Full Member

Has anyone enabled the cornering fog lights with Carista/OBDeleven and only have the rear parking sensors? I'm asking as I had a courtesy car, an Ateca, yesterday and found the cornering fog lights quite handy last night. As my Leon doesn't have the front parking sensors, I've got a feeling that it won't have the steering sensors and therefore the cornering fog lights won't work. When I got a Carista adapter, it wouldn't give me the option to enable the ParkPilot, and Carista said that would be because it's probably not got the steering sensors. That's why I then had to use the Carista app in beta to get around it. My Carista subscription is long expired, and I'm waiting for my OBDeleven to be delivered, so cannot give it a try at the moment.

2. theoldboy

theoldboy The Beast from the East

coding for obd11, it only seems to require changes to light setup (but i dont have fogs so cant confirm) give it a try and see what happens.

Enable fog cornering (cornering function)
    If your car does not carry activated the fog lights turn on curves, with this modification you can activate this feature.
    1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
    2 - Adaptation
    3 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
    4 - Sub - D 12 Lichtfunktion
    5 - Change value to Abbiegelicht links
    6 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
    7 - Sub - Dimming direction DC 12
    8 - Change Value to Maximize
    9 - Select - Leuchte12NL LB45
    10 - Sub - Dimmwert DC 12
    11 - Change value to 100
    12 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
    13 - Sub - D 13 Lichtfunktion
    14 - Change value to Abbiegelicht rechts
    15 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
    16 - Sub - Dimming direction CD 13
    17 - Change Value to Maximize
    18 - Select - Leuchte13NL RB5
    19 - Sub - Dimmwert CD 13
    20 - Change value to 100

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations#ixzz5iBAZUAyE

3. SteveGSXR600K1

Thanks, I'll give that a try when my OBDeleven arrives. It would be interesting to know if someone's already tried it and only has the reverse parking sensors. I'm assuming there's a link between how the cornering fog lights are switched on when the steering wheel is turned, and the ParkPilot showing the different path the car will take when you turn the steering wheel. Hopefully mines got the steering angle sensors that it needs!

4. stu_m

stu_m Senior Member

Cornering lights is turned off when you have LED lights for some reason! I believe its just a matter of turning them on

5. paulrushton

paulrushton Full Member

I have front LED headlights but standard bulb fogs. Rear parking sensors only.

I turned them on using Carista and works perfectly. They both come on when selecting reverse as well.

6. SteveGSXR600K1

Spot on, with the same setup as mine. Thanks for letting me know, I'll give it a try.