Cornering Fog's with LED Headlights - VCDS

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Hey all,

I've followed the instructions here Activate Cornering Fogs and it 'kinda' works, just a slight problem!
The right-hand fog behaves as it should, turns on with turning right, off when straight.
But, the left-hand fog is illuminated no matter whats going on, d'oh! :(

I was afraid something like this may happen due to it being a RHD car and the instructions are for a LHD? Can't see why the instructions would be any different though.

Anyone else tried?

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Hey all,

I've followed the instructions here Activate Cornering Fogs and it 'kinda' works, just a slight problem!
The right-hand fog behaves as it should, turns on with turning right, off when straight.
But, the left-hand fog is illuminated no matter whats going on, d'oh! :(

I was afraid something like this may happen due to it being a RHD car and the instructions are for a LHD? Can't see why the instructions would be any different though.

Anyone else tried?

Check the instructions again mate, I did it as well and it worked! I don't think the RHD or LHD configuration matters since you code each turn, you code the right light and then the left light.

Maybe if you upload some screenshots of your settings?

cheers

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I'll go and have another look at the settings, but I did check them 3+ times that they were word for word the same as the German screenshots before applying the changes.

I assume yours is a LHD being in Mexico? I did come across a setting when long coding something else and there was a tick next to RHD, so the car is physically aware its a RHD, for what purposes I do not know!

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Had chance to look at this tonight, on the left hand fog I noticed the value I had picked was very very similar to that of which it should have been in the instructions.

There were like a few characters difference in the spelling of the word when closely inspecting it. I picked the correct spelling and it now works as expected.

Funnily enough I see on the German forums they're reporting the same issue I was, not sure what their excuse is though as German is their first language. :rofl:

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Funnily enough I see on the German forums they're reporting the same issue I was, not sure what their excuse is though as German is their first language.

Guess they will curse the guys in India that did the online programming of the software in "german" with the help of google translate..... :p

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise