Corsa VXR Vs Ibiza FR

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Anyone had a go in one of these yet?

Curious to know how it would compare to an FR.......

A lot of people saying its gonna be the BEST hot hatch on road?

Still looks like a chavvy car to me though LOL

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think the corsa vxr is 190 bhp so it will prob be quicker than an fr and prob the cupra too unfortunately

before anyone jumps in with an (ah but remap it and it will eat it)................the vxr can be remapped too, (1.6 turbo vvt )

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It's a bit dear compared to an FR. Be better off buying an FR and upgrading the suspension, brakes and remapping it with the money left over?

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
I drove my mates, vxR, Its very quick, however ive never drove the Cupra, In my opinion I'll never touch a Vauxhal Especially the Corsa, stupid I know, just because of its reputation of a boy racer crap

Oct 12, 2005
I would swap my cupra for a corsa vxr anyday. Saying its just a corsa is daft. They have come along way. The seats in the vxr are amazing and the build quality is a million times better than the ibiza. I love my ibiza but they are far off the competetion these days. Will be interesting to see what they next beezers will be like.

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
In the Evo magazine feature they said the Cupra could keep up with the VXR, so the FR probably wont be able to keep up, but that can be solved with a remap with the cash saved buying the FR.[B)]

villain24

RIPPER
Nov 20, 2006
Chill

you have hit the nail on the head, spot on. If i could afford it i'd swap my car for a vxr corsa. From the reviews i've read, the corsa handles a lot better. As you mention the build quality will be a lot better, also it's packed with motorsport goodies such as those seats and flat bottom steering wheel and a true difuser, not a pretend one on our cars. It really is a baby BTCC car. Nice one Vauxhall to bring out such a hot little hatch. And it's British in a way lol!

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Part of me wishes id waited and for a VXR, but then the other part of me still think it looks like a boy racers car and will probably be common as shite once there out.

Oh well, nevermind LOL

Deleted member 13653

even the meriva vxr is 200bhp before any remap.... imagine one of those racing you. i'd give it a run for its money

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
a VAUXHALL CORSA vxr :lol: sorry lads but im certainly not a fan they look SH1t (IMO) and chavey is ithe only word for them i like the astra tho :hide: :whistle: but would NEVER want that over my cupra

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
I know exactly what u mean mate, just i was having a read up on the specs of them and thought, ahhh id like to have more speed hahaha.

how far is Crawley from Sevenoaks? may have to pop down and meet some of you lot and see ya motors!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
anyone that thinks vauxhall build quality is better than seat is on drugs

I have had loads of vauxhall company cars, astra's and vectra's and the interior and running gear/suspension is made of egg boxes

the mk5 astra has more clonks from the front suspension than the rear of the ibiza any day

oh yeah and 3 pairs of driveshafts in 3 years.....................................

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members