Cosmetic modifications

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Me again! I was wondering if anyone knows the general rule about installing any cosmetic modifications (splitter, side skirts etc) on a car on PCP finance, with me having the intention to buy the car at the end but are also reversible? Can’t find any information about modifications to the car on my paperwork, and really wanted to get a resonator delete and quad tips fitted but pretty sure that would void both the contract and the warranty, so unfortunately that’s out the window, so was wondering about purely cosmetic changes. Sorry for waffling on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I specifically asked the question when I picked my car up and as told that u could modify my car and treat it like it was mine. If I handed the car back at the end I would have to return it to stock or pay for them to return it to stock apparently. If you plan on paying the final sum I don't see an issue.

Deresonator is also a reversible modification so you could probably get away with that, and even leaving it in place if you were to hand it back. Can't see them putting it up on ramps to inspect when you're pcp is up??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I specifically asked the question when I picked my car up and as told that u could modify my car and treat it like it was mine. If I handed the car back at the end I would have to return it to stock or pay for them to return it to stock apparently. If you plan on paying the final sum I don't see an issue.

Deresonator is also a reversible modification so you could probably get away with that, and even leaving it in place if you were to hand it back. Can't see them putting it up on ramps to inspect when you're pcp is up??

Cheers for the reply, I will ask my dealer when I get a chance just wanted someone else’s opinion

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Cheers for the reply, I will ask my dealer when I get a chance just wanted someone else’s opinion

The changes that I want would be mainly simple things like front splitter, side skirts, canards etc, obviously the res delete, and ideally changing the exhaust system to quad tips which look so much nicer than the standard oval ones

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
The changes that I want would be mainly simple things like front splitter, side skirts, canards etc, obviously the res delete, and ideally changing the exhaust system to quad tips which look so much nicer than the standard oval ones

All sound like good ideas. Can't see dealer having a problem with it if you're intending to pay the final sum. The only time it would be an issue was if you were to simply hand it back. Even if you trade it in against a new car at the end, it's still sold as seen.

Reactions: cupra300uk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
My dealer has finally emailed me back but he said he will ask about it so let’s hope I find out soon because I need to modify it ASAP!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.