Cost effective brake upgrade!?

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
Hi guys... im looking at sorting my brakes as all discs and pads could do with doing. I have a bit to spend but not brembo money yet so i was wonderin whats the best option? is there a cheapish upgrade i can do (i.e bit bigger brakes off another VAG car that will still go behind standard cupra wheels? or am i better off just putting good quality standard sized discs and pads on? if so where bouts do i look and roughly how much......any help would be most apreciated as ive had a quick look around and cant seem to find much apart from the obvious "get brembo's". thanks :help:

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
:search: there are lots of threads on this, even one just a few places down.
But in short you can use brembo discs and ds2500 pads for a good brake set up but standard size or audi TT brakes but you need to do some small mods, even some porshe brakes fit.

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
:search: there are lots of threads on this, even one just a few places down.
But in short you can use brembo discs and ds2500 pads for a good brake set up but standard size or audi TT brakes but you need to do some small mods, even some porshe brakes fit.

Thanks for the response.....i did search! and the few posts already up are about porche brakes and hi-spec brakes. i couldnt find anything about cheap upgrades.

blackie

I'm Tyrannosaurus Alan!!!
spend cheap, spend twice mate

for a full set up from bill such as DS2500's,brembo eliptical grooved discs, braided lines and new dot 4 fluid you looking at £250+

Brembos are £740+ vat

So no really effective cheap ways really, unless you replace just pads at around £85 for ds2500

B3NPM_Cupra

Money = Power!
Dec 9, 2006
Tamworth (West Mids)
spend cheap, spend twice mate

for a full set up from bill such as DS2500's,brembo eliptical grooved discs, braided lines and new dot 4 fluid you looking at £250+

Brembos are £740+ vat

So no really effective cheap ways really, unless you replace just pads at around £85 for ds2500

cheers :). and i agree with you...but they really need doing and i havnt got the money for brembos at the moment....prob go for standard discs an the DS2500's for now:(

The brakes (and suspension :D ) are the weak point on my Cupra right now... On my Glanza dues to a lack of sub-£1000 bigger brake set-ups I just went with stainless steel braided lines dimpled and grooved discs a good set of pads and some Motul DOT5.1 fluid

It certainly sharpened up the pedal feel and faded less after some B-road blasts.