CR170 - dirty diesel traits?

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
When driving along in the tractor, when I open the window, it kinda sounds like a buzzing from the engine? not really bad, but enough to notice it

is that normal? It sounds like **** anyway with it being a diesel, but I wasn't sure if the buzzing was normal.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Lol not sure if that is a sarcastic remark in regards to the lack of power :whistle:

Nah mate! Lol. :D

The CR engine makes a buzzing/ticking noise which you can usually hear when the window is down. Was discussed on here a while ago and the conclusion was that it's the hp fuel pump. :)

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Nah mate! Lol. :D

The CR engine makes a buzzing/ticking noise which you can usually hear when the window is down. Was discussed on here a while ago and the conclusion was that it's the hp fuel pump. :)

It's especially noticeable when I let off the throttle, does ur still make the sound then????

Thanks for the heads up mate

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
cheers mate

What's wrong with it:(?!

Had a strange rattle on cold start-up which turned into a judder and slight misfire. No warning lights or faults were coming up so they did a couple of compression tests. Compression is a bit erratic but it's got SEAT scratching their heads as to what the cause is. Have to clock up some miles then take it back for more testing. Well weird.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Had a strange rattle on cold start-up which turned into a judder and slight misfire. No warning lights or faults were coming up so they did a couple of compression tests. Compression is a bit erratic but it's got SEAT scratching their heads as to what the cause is. Have to clock up some miles then take it back for more testing. Well weird.

Good luck with it mate. It's so frustrating when they don't know what is wrong with it!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Didn't hear sh1t!

Maybe it all just sounds like a derv to me. If its not a petrol noise...it's derv :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
I was told if a diesel makes a too much noise there's someting really wrong with its.

If you wanted diesel & a nice sound you shoud have gone with an impreza, my 200 bhp 2.0D has a nice engine sound which reminds of a V8 (especially when it's regenerating)

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I loved the my05 wrx
Invidia exhaust, increased flow downpipe, prodrive remap and HKS dump valve. Best car sound ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
When driving along in the tractor, when I open the window, it kinda sounds like a buzzing from the engine? not really bad, but enough to notice it

is that normal? It sounds like **** anyway with it being a diesel, but I wasn't sure if the buzzing was normal.
Its Buzz..... he's come to "crush" you! :rofl:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise