Cracked down pipe

A9_SLU

A9 SLU
Nov 22, 2006
Portsmouth/Wiltshire
Hello guys on a pervious thread I said about my down pipe joint leaking and I thought that it was just gasket leaking. Well it turns out that the actual down pipe is cracked, I have a Miltek cat back system so I was thinking of getting a Miltek down pipe and cat but they are very expensive can you get hold of just a down pipe? If not does anyone know how where to get Miltek stuff cheap.

Cheers

Adam

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
why don't you just get your D/P welded up if you dont want to spend any money on an aftermarket D/P and cat.

I have a milteck cat back on mine and a blueflame 3" D/P and 100 cat but be warned they need a bit of moding to fit together. I had to get about 2 inches cut out of my cat back so that it would fit with the blueflame D/P and cat

May 2, 2006

that doesnt fit by the way, so if your going to buy that your wasteing your money

cat is part of DP correct, performance dp/cat you may think is expensive, but well worth every penny imo :)

EDIT: is pretty much a MUST as well if you plan to modify past stage 1 (would even recommend it with stage1)

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2005
London
Ive got a small leak somewhere, nothing too much, performance doesnt seem affected although not got a boost guage fitted. Been told it could be the manifold or the d/p/turbo gasket, so have been (even more than normal) wanting a d/p and sports cat.
For a blueflame 3' dowpipe and 2.5' sports cat i was quoted £375, and miltek £411 for 2.5' d/p/cat. If blueflame was considerably cheaper then I would defo do it, but confused as theres actually not a lot of difference its seems :shrug:

R953 VSE

Ive got a small leak somewhere, nothing too much, performance doesnt seem affected although not got a boost guage fitted. Been told it could be the manifold or the d/p/turbo gasket, so have been (even more than normal) wanting a d/p and sports cat.
For a blueflame 3' dowpipe and 2.5' sports cat i was quoted £375, and miltek £411 for 2.5' d/p/cat. If blueflame was considerably cheaper then I would defo do it, but confused as theres actually not a lot of difference its seems :shrug:

theres a site called needforspeed and you can get the downpipe/cat on its own from them for around £280.

Dec 31, 2005
London
I aksed them if it came with a fitting kit to fit on my scorpion cat back and they said this
'When purchasing Blue Flame products you have to buy all the parts
that are listed for your car, this meaning you would have to buy the Full
Motorsport Catalytic Convertor and Downpipe, the Centre Silencer and the
back box. This is due to Blue Flame parts only fitting onto Blue Flame
parts and not any other manufacturers as the fittings are different.'

Dec 31, 2005
London
Ok, I have a scorpion cat back though, was aware it should fit onto that? I only asked them the bore size of the downpipe and cat and if it came with a fitting kit and they basically said I would have to buy the whole thing lol
I'm ringing Nige at blueflame later to see what he can do :)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
Just to check a Blue Flame Motorsport Catalytic Convertor and Downpipe will not fit straight on a Miltek cat back system.

It will fit, but not very well.
To get it to fit perfect the milteck catback needs about 2" cut out of it

Dec 31, 2005
London
Could be, although im always careful about going through puddles as read somewhere on here someones engine died from going through a large one!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.