Cracked manifold!! any suggestions?

charlietruman

Dec 29, 2004
currently hull, then brighton!
hi all,

Just put the car in to have my new inlet manifold gasket and power cam pulleys fitted, and the guys discovered that i have a cracked exhaust manifold, and a noisy oil pump...joy

I dont want to get the manifold welded, it or replace it with a stock item cos i think it will happen again, so does anyone know of an uprated manifold for the 1.8t engine?
its a real pain in the arse, had the pulley kit specially anodised red to go with the car and now the cost of the repair will see those stuck on ebay. grrrrrr

tried searching but my router has died, hence i have only 56k and its really frustrating to search.

any help would be appreciated, i hate cars sometimes.

ADAMWIGGY

Hi theres a couple on ebay at the mo just search for leon manifold and youll find em:) hope this helps there between 100-200 quid i think

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I have a spare standard manifold and wouldn't want alot for it. If it's of use to you then PM me.

If you want an uprated manifold I think Star sell the ATP ones for around £300.

charlietruman

Dec 29, 2004
EddyH said:
I have a spare standard manifold and wouldn't want alot for it. If it's of use to you then PM me.

If you want an uprated manifold I think Star sell the ATP ones for around £300.

just PM'd you, also getting my Tarox discs skimmed as they have warped!!

WTF, gonna be £1000 + garage bill i reckon. time to buy a fiesta

charlietruman

Dec 29, 2004
Martyn said:
Charlie, take a look at the AM high flow manifold, JKM fitted one to my car and I was pretty pleased with it.

thanks martyn! kate at JKM was telling me about your install, sounds great, just wish it wasnt a forced upgrade for me, last thing i expected i can tell you.

really want to get one but the rest of the car is sucking the financial life out of me.

the nurburgring did this.

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
You could get yours welded. As long as the welder is half decent and they heat the manifold up before welding it will tend to hold well. Wrapping the manifold helps immensly.

charlietruman

Dec 29, 2004
toying with the idea of doing it myself, eeek.

Just doing some research online and reading through my Golf MK4 haynes manual, reckon it could be done if i knew about all the fiddly bits and required widgets/bent spanners etc berfore hand.
I would have a couple of days to have a go and some buddies with more advanced knowledge to lend advice, that way i could more easily afford the Uprated manifold.

not sure though, not scared of my tools or lacking in engineering competence, but you know how it is, you always do something better the second time around, and i dont wanna be doing a learning curve on this part of the car.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.