Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Cracked sump

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by Tom7, Oct 14, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tom7

Tom7 Guest

Just had a very long night after I hit a raised grid on some roadworks and put a hole in the bottom of my sump! Had to wait 6 hours for recovery as my car was too low to get on the first two recovery trucks that came to me. I was just wondering where would be best to look for a new sump, as I could do with one asap really but don't know where will be best to look?

2. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

ebay had some couple of weeks back also ther only 50 new anyway mate . hope you get it sorted tho mate as i bet thats a pain in the :censored:

3. Tom7

Tom7 Guest

When you say 50 new do you mean from seat? I have found some on ebay advertised as for golf's, bora's and s3's are all the 1.8t sumps the same? There are two one for with an oil level sensor and one for without does the ibiza have an oil level sensor?

4. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

i did have a link. try dealers mate they carnt be more than 70 bucks as my mate just bought one lol

5. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

and yes there are diffrent sumps

6. P1CK4D

P1CK4D Active Member

I replaced mine not so recently. £50ish from GSF and they can have it next day :)

7. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

true i didnt think of that

8. mr_D

£100 from stealers! i check as i did 2 in. got it for £50 from euro on next day.

9. Robbie C

You might want to consider a baffled sump with a reinforced plate welded to the bottom while you're at it :)

Available from places like Backdraft, JabbaSport etc

Damn I should be on commission :p

10. JB!

JB! Toight loike a Toiger

Leigh on here has got a PSI tuning steel-bottomed sump with strengthening plates welded on...

11. Poundie

Poundie Active Member

I done my sump in 2 weeks ago after a week of having the car, wasnt too bad changing it over but a pain in the arse none the less!