Cracked sump

Tom7

Just had a very long night after I hit a raised grid on some roadworks and put a hole in the bottom of my sump! Had to wait 6 hours for recovery as my car was too low to get on the first two recovery trucks that came to me. I was just wondering where would be best to look for a new sump, as I could do with one asap really but don't know where will be best to look?

daves ibiza

ebay had some couple of weeks back also ther only 50 new anyway mate . hope you get it sorted tho mate as i bet thats a pain in the :censored:

Tom7

When you say 50 new do you mean from seat? I have found some on ebay advertised as for golf's, bora's and s3's are all the 1.8t sumps the same? There are two one for with an oil level sensor and one for without does the ibiza have an oil level sensor?

daves ibiza

i did have a link. try dealers mate they carnt be more than 70 bucks as my mate just bought one lol

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You might want to consider a baffled sump with a reinforced plate welded to the bottom while you're at it :)

Available from places like Backdraft, JabbaSport etc

Damn I should be on commission :p

Poundie

Aug 25, 2009
London
I done my sump in 2 weeks ago after a week of having the car, wasnt too bad changing it over but a pain in the arse none the less!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.