Cracked windscreen..

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
Some stupid :censored:, driving a stupid little Corsa, has cracked my windscreen! :cry: [:@] I say driving, but I don't think he knows how to. Luckily thats all he did. I was ready for an airbag in the face as he lost control doing stupid speeds round a blind corner on a small country road. And he carried on, so I'm left with the bill.. Grrr.. If I could have turned around, I would have, but the road is too small, and not really wise turning round on a blind corner.

Why couldn't I have had that happen to the old car, BEFORE I got my new one?

Definately want some stone chip protection now.. its scary driving without it..

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
You'll have windscreen cover on your insurance, so £50 is better than £300. I know you're upset but it's better than nothing and at least you and the car are in one piece.

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
What happened then? Did he kick up a stone or something?

He came round the corner too fast, saw me, braked hard, whilst still turning, flicked it sideways totally out of his control, which is when the golf ball sized rock flew at the screen. Luckily the road has a huge ditch on the edge and a bush, as this straighten his car back in the right direction, and he just hit the pedal again and carried on, still doing about 50mph.

The guy has a death wish, I just hope he doesn't take anyone with him..

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
You'll have windscreen cover on your insurance, so £50 is better than £300. I know you're upset but it's better than nothing and at least you and the car are in one piece.

All true..

I didn't see the crack at first. so thought maybe it had hit the bodywork, but the crack soon get worse and visible.. It hit right next to the tax disc, and is making its way up to the middle of the screen slowly.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Check your insurance premium and it will tell you how much your excess on your windscreen will be and which companies to use. I got my windscreen replaced recently by autoglass as they were insurance recommended. It didnt affect my no claims bonus and I got an appoitnment within 3 days. As Davey said its better than paying out a full £300 and is easily replaced.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
He came round the corner too fast, saw me, braked hard, whilst still turning, flicked it sideways totally out of his control, which is when the golf ball sized rock flew at the screen. Luckily the road has a huge ditch on the edge and a bush, as this straighten his car back in the right direction, and he just hit the pedal again and carried on, still doing about 50mph.

The guy has a death wish, I just hope he doesn't take anyone with him..

Blimey... sounds like you were lucky not to have been hit yourself then! All you can hope is that when he does crash, it's only him involved and it scares him enough to take it easier.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
If it all it costs is a windscreen, then you are lucky mate :)

I had some idiot in a GTI smash into me last year, wrote off my car and I am STILL processing the insurance 9 months later :(

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
I stopped at a set of lights and he smashed into me at 40mph. I ended up in the middle of a 4 way crossroads having spun a few metres first :(

They took my excess, I got a courtesy car and eventually a payment but they are still chasing the other party for the money & my excess. Due to their absolute incompetence, they delayed the contact with the other side who choose NOT to tell his insurers or admit liability!!!

£400 excess plus damages and so on I still wait for nearly a year later! I hate insurers with a passion!!