Cracked windscreen.

cupra wannabe

Getting in my car to leave work yesturday lunchtime (the joys of woking for yourself) i noticed a 3in crack up the windscreen of my LCR. :censored:

As you can imagine i was quite annoyed.

Could this be as a result of the cold weather weve been having lately tho im pretty sure it wasnt there when i was staring at it trying to defrost that morning?

Any light shed on this matter would be much appreciated. :censored:

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site
cupra wannabe said:
Getting in my car to leave work yesturday lunchtime (the joys of woking for yourself) i noticed a 3in crack up the windscreen of my LCR. :censored:

As you can imagine i was quite annoyed.

Could this be as a result of the cold weather weve been having lately tho im pretty sure it wasnt there when i was staring at it trying to defrost that morning?

Any light shed on this matter would be much appreciated. :censored:

I cracked my screen when I hit a bad pothole in the road - destroyed the front wheel and cracked the screen!! :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i cracked my screen in my old astra - a small but annoying stone flew up and hit the very outer edge of the glass - this is known to be the weakest point. Then, as driving, the crack progressed from 1inch to about 20inches in length, going in various directions.

Claim on your insurance - shouldnt affect your no-claims and usually only a £50 excess or similar. I would love to get a new windscreen - so many little chips/marks etc now its like playing dot-to-dot on every journey :S

cupra wannabe

Crack is now 8 inchs and growing fast! The nice windscreen people are coming out to replace it tomorrow through my insurance company.
I have to pay the £60 excess but luckily it doesnt effect my no claims or future premiums.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
They putting in a generic or a proper Seat one btw? When I spoke to Auto Windscreens, they said they'd put in a proper Seat if you asked your insurance company for one...

jmcvicar

Jan 21, 2005
A geordie dahn sarf
Similar thing happened to me last winter. It was probably the result of a chip in the windscreen from a day or so earlier (according to the guy who replaced it), but work paid for it after I blamed the maintenance guys (and the car was "just" out of view of the cctv ) :p

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
windscreen cover is a bargain on insurance policies.

Here's a little tip, if you smash any other windows and not covered on own insurance, drive behind a reputable lorry on the roads and then take number and say a stone flicked up and smashed your window, Also the council pay out for strimmer damage, you know the guys who are in the roadstrimming hedges and grass, they are all covered third party,

Although i believe the above is technically Fraud, so never use it

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
ChrisUK said:
Going into your local golf course with an angry face is also known to solve this problem.

They even have insurance specifically for this now ;)
Nice to know .... :funk:

I was collecting trolley outside a lesser known supermarket I used to work at when I was a kid....... (about 8 years ago)

I was near my car (ish) and I heard a shot... then a split second later a crack.

Some f:censored:ing kids had shot at my car and put a big crack in my windscreen.

That's Stoke/Burslem for you! :rolleyes:

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I'm currently on my 3rd windscreen! they just seem to go overnight!

The last one was replaced under Autoglass warranty free of charge, when they eventually found me in their records!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise