Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Crank case breather Pipe 200$ LCR Bam

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by CooptoCupra, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

I found venting to atmosphere easier to do, but the downsides to that is you can smell the bad smells when you’ve stopped at traffic lights some times however I’ve gotten used to it and I don’t notice them now!

I found a good thread on the audi forums type in on google BAM oil catch can or somat like that a good guide

2. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

Yes I see! Ok mate I’ll have a look yea cheers again! :D

3. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

Hi again! Well I fitted the pipe and rand the car, all seemed normal! Went to start the car this morning and it was just turning over! Tested the fuel pump and it had just died! So replaced the pump and it started fine! However, when driving home I gave it a little bit of boost and the car started to splutter and run lumpy. The code p0170 is stored in the memory for fuel trim again! Any ideas? I’m assuming it’s related to the fuel system somehow but I can’t pinpoint the problem! No engine light on dash etc and it’s idling normal! Help would be appreciated

4. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

5. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

Yes I had a quick look on here and the MAF came up! I’ll try cleaning it for good measure and get it smoke tested again! Knowing my luck another pipe has split lol. The MAF must be getting innacurate air flow readings and the ecu is trying to compensate with more fuelling? It was popping and backfiring quite a lot. Merry Christmas to me :cry:

6. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

out of curiosity when you did the previous smoke test where did you hook it up to?

7. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

It was put in before the throttle valve and also put it on the pipe connected directly to the crankcase to check the PCV pipes. Sound ok?

8. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

yeah sounds good, thats where i did mine

if you know anyone with vagcom they could tell you if your MAF is buggered.

9. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

I do mate, hopefully it’s ok! What should the MAF readings be? Or will it flag up obviously if it’s banjaxed? Cheers

10. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

dont quote me on this but i think it should be like 180 g/s at wide open throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear to redline

You do have an LCR don't you?

11. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

Ok no bother, I’ll look out for any sporadic movement or spiking then. Yea it’s an LCR, BAM engine. It nearly stalled this morning when I started it, very lumpy idle.. there’s so much it could be, but I’ll smoke test it again and check the MAF as you say! The only other thing I could think of was the new fuel pump has maybe picked up some dirt from the tank.. but I don’t know! Process of elimination will help anyway.

12. Connorg115

Connorg115 Active Member

Yeah that’s the problem with these car the fault codes are very vague and is constant elimination ahahha
    Good luck any way buddy and hope it doesn’t cost you a fortune this close to Christmas

13. Jonnyaye

Jonnyaye Active Member

Yea haha tell me about it! True mate, you know that song chasing highs? It’s more like chasing faults with this cupra haha. Thanks for the help and I apologise for completely hijacking this thread, just at wits end with this thing lol.