Creaking when turning the steering wheel

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone, i noticed today that my Cupra R makes this creaking sound and i can even feel it under the clutch pedal, when i turn the steering wheel. Am i right thinking its the steering rack? But what could be wrong with it? The steering is a bit loose especially upon acceleration but my top mounts need replacing too im getting them done this week hopefully but if it was the top mount i wouldn't feel the creaking under my clutch pedal would i.

Odesláno z mého SM-N960F pomocí Tapatalk

Rubio

May 18, 2020
Had similar on my ibiza and it was the top mount bearings- changed them and never had it again. Can’t remember if it came through the clutch pedal though but was really irritating.

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
Had similar on my ibiza and it was the top mount bearings- changed them and never had it again. Can’t remember if it came through the clutch pedal though but was really irritating.
Cheers mate, will have new top mounts installed next tuesday so hopefully that'll sort it.

Rubio

May 18, 2020
Cheers mate, will have new top mounts installed next tuesday so hopefully that'll sort it.

No worries - Probably worth doing the mounts And bearings at same time in case it’s the rubber flexing.

Johny

Feb 22, 2020
No worries - Probably worth doing the mounts And bearings at same time in case it’s the rubber flexing.
I've got the powerflex top mounts and Lemforder bearings, also have powerflex arm bushes so hopefully the car will be sharper.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise