Creaky Clutch Pedal?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Every so often my clutch pedal makes a creaky noise when I press it, usually only after a long drive, but noticed it's doing it more now.

Clutch & gear changes etc. still feel like normal.

Anyone any idea what this may be???

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Cheers mate, that link could come in handy if it goes (hopefully wont need it though, fingers crossed!)

I'll have a look at lubing it tomorrow, hope that works!

Cheers.

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
Sounds like someone twanging a ruler on a desk? Got the same on the LCR and tracked it down to the clutch cylinder rod on to the pedal. Some times it creaks and some times it doesn't. Its been there for a couple of years and hasn't got worse and like you say, only does it after about an hour or so when the bulkhead is hot. Lubed up everything I could see and still not fully cured it.

More reading:-
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211655

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Sounds like someone twanging a ruler on a desk? Got the same on the LCR and tracked it down to the clutch cylinder rod on to the pedal. Some times it creaks and some times it doesn't. Its been there for a couple of years and hasn't got worse and like you say, only does it after about an hour or so when the bulkhead is hot. Lubed up everything I could see and still not fully cured it.

More reading:-
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=211655

That was a good read cheers mate. Glad I'm not only one with this problem!

By the looks of it there's no long term solution for it :(

Gonna try everything that's suggested. But I guess in the long run I'm just gonna have to keep the radio up loud so can't hear it ;)

You don't know if anyone's clutch has suddenly gone after this noise has started do you? :confused:

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
I posted in the 'clutch pedal to floor' thread to see if anyone had a creaky pedal before it broke but no one reported it.

You are the only one to post about 'ol creaky' since!

I will have to strip the pedal assembly out one day but it isn't that much of an issue to go that far just yet.

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
i had my pedal snap and damge my master cylinder, since i had it replaced it started sqeaking so i think it jus needs oiling either that or it going to snap agen.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.