Creaky Squeaky Cupra 300

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Alright guys,

I've got a 5 door 300 2018 and I'm having a really annoying and loud creaking noise coming from the front right suspension? Sometimes it is louder than others, but it is much worse in cupra mode, and even worse still if i have passengers in the car. Has anyone else had this? It's going in next friday to be looked at but it would be nice if I could give them a strong suggestion as to what it might be, as sometimes it doesn't sound too bad, and you can guarantee if they test drive it, that will be one of the times it sounds OK!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
OK brilliant thanks. Yeah speed bumps and driveway are bad but sometimes its just constant and drives me insane!

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Can guarantee its the headlight level arms, they are made of plastic and creak bloody loud, had to lube mine up twice in the last 5 months! You'll know if it's them just by jacking up the car, as you jack it up you'll hear it click each press if the jack!

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I have been having a problem with creaky suspension for a while with the car going back to the dealer multiple times.
I could only hear the noise up to about 20mph, so driving in and out of my cul-de-sac was an especially noisy treat. The noise was really bad when going over speed bumps.
At first they tried the magic VAG grease which seems like the first thing to do. I have heard of this being used across the group on golfs/A3's etc.
This did not fix the problem so it had bushes replaced which seemed to solve the problem. However after about a week it came back again. exactly the same noise under the same conditions. It has now had new shock boots which again has solved the problem, I've had the car back about 3 weeks now and touch wood it hasn't returned.
The only other problem after all this work was a top mount coming loose but that's another story...
I'm not sure if this is helpful or not but i hope you get yours sorted :thumbup:

Reactions: Glennc91

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
OK I just got her back and the official prognosis is... 'Suspension top mounting / bearing and all associated parts' need replacing.

The lad sent me a little video of the internals moving and making the horrific noise so I think he's got it spot on, but time will tell. Apparently though it will take the til the 23rd ( 3 weeks) to get the parts in and fit them for me, but as long as it sorts it, I'm happy with that.

Will update you after that 23rd..... :blahblah:

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
OK I just got her back and the official prognosis is... 'Suspension top mounting / bearing and all associated parts' need replacing.

The lad sent me a little video of the internals moving and making the horrific noise so I think he's got it spot on, but time will tell. Apparently though it will take the til the 23rd ( 3 weeks) to get the parts in and fit them for me, but as long as it sorts it, I'm happy with that.

Pretty shocking for a year old car, infact it's really really shocking! Luckily my 2017 300 has had zero issues apart from the headlight level arm needing a grease!

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand

I'd want to see that top mount when it's disassembled. I assume it's under warranty?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.