1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Creaky / Squeaky noise on full lock in wet conditions

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by JamesFR150, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

1. JamesFR150

Just thought I would share my experience in case you encounter it, I have a Leon 1.5 DSG covered around 1200 miles and ONLY in wet conditions at full lock I hear a weird creaky/Squeaky clicking noise coming from the front end. Had to dealer look at it today and they confirm it to be normal and relates to the CV boots rubbing in against itself. I am in a hire Leon at the moment covered over 5k and throwing down with rain but this car doesn't do it and I presume it's because the CV boots are worn in a lot more. I have a video buts it too large to upload unfortunately.

2. JamesFR150

A link here of what happens

3. Yern

Yern Active Member

Can you jack up the car and rotate the wheel on full lock to see if the noise is still there with the wheel off the ground?

4. JamesFR150

It's been up on the ramps at the dealer today and I guess they have tried that, it's a weird noise I think and doesn't sound good but apparently nothing to worry about. I did find a VW Golf thread somewhere that was experiencing the same and they said the CV boots had been superseded by these thicker type which make this noise....strange not every other Leon does it too though.

5. LouG

LouG Active Member

That would make sense. The boot is flexing as it rotates, and the rubber makes noises as it does so. Spraying it with a rubber safe lube would probably quieten it down.

6. Bedlam

Bedlam Active Member

KY Jelly perhaps ???

J

LouG likes this.
  7. LouG

LouG Active Member

That might make the steering stiffer. If he wants to save money, he could spit on it.

Bedlam likes this.