Creation Motorsport Induction kit

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
10% more power yea right. With that lovely hot engine bay air you'll probably get 10% less.

Last edited:

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
10% more power yea right. With that lovely hot engine bay air you'll probably get 10% less.
What do you mean? There is a heatsheild girl over the manifold and an airbox bit the air filter? Which is more that the revo kit . .

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
What do you mean? There is a heatsheild girl over the manifold and an airbox bit the air filter? Which is more that the revo kit . .

The heat shield thing is a con. There's gaps under it, over it and the hole where the pipe goes through, it won't really do Anything. Car will sound nice though.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I can see where you are comming from, but looks better than the others I have seen.

What one would your reccomended instead?

jammygit

Sep 23, 2019
I actually don't recommend one at all to be honest unless your car is mapped to recieve more air and thus use more fuel, you might end up running lean. Some people swear by them, but the claims are very dubious. Plus no one is going to admit they wasted £200 and their car is slower in the low revs.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Fitting one just before taking to R-Tech to be mapped. Looking at the moment as not mapping until February

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's been a while since I researched intakes. There's a couple of things to watch out for. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was creation a lot said fell apart.

But basically you are looking for high airflow and low fuel trims. Because an aftermarket intake will affect your trims (mine went from 0.3 to 12%). At 18 or it might be 20 the mil will come on.

I think the conclusion was if you want the best flowing get revo (and a lot switch to this after wasting money on cheaper). I think ramair was alright as well. Neuspeed was good on a budget.

If your planning on going stage 2 eventually it'd be worth having. I had mine mapped stage 1 and added the intake afterwards (building up to stage 2) and aside from the noise I notice zero difference.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I might go Stage 2+ eventually, so will probably get the REVO intake, the Ramair just looks messy with all the connectors.

Reactions: Legojon

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i have one fitted....
The air filter is crap and mesh supporting the foam collapsed (presumably under load), which ive now replaced with a Ram-Air Filter (much better quality!!)
When i had my car mapped at R-Tech, Niki was telling me the diameter of the pipe where the MAF is, isnt quite right diameter and therefore the air flow rate isnt scaled perfectly..

with the cost of the Creation Kit and a replacement RamAir filter within 12 months.... and with what Niki said.... wish i'd just bought the Revo kit in the first place!!

....and the Rovo kit has a tapered silicone elbow to the turbo improving flow into the compressor wheel!!

Reactions: Legojon

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, REVO kit it is then. Did you have any other mods on the car when you had if mapped? Looking for a stage 1 on my Cupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, REVO kit it is then. Did you have any other mods on the car when you had if mapped? Looking for a stage 1 on my Cupra

I didn't have any hardware mods at all when I went stage 1.
5NnMLHq.jpg

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I'm torn, thinking of getting a decat downpipe and air filter to go stage 2. Seems the best power to money ratio as the car is totally stick so state 2+ would be a lot more money. Or just the air filter and remove the pre-cat.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm torn, thinking of getting a decat downpipe and air filter to go stage 2. Seems the best power to money ratio as the car is totally stick so state 2+ would be a lot more money. Or just the air filter and remove the pre-cat.

I didn't really think Stage 2 was worth it TBH. I only gained 10lbs of torque for the money spent. Depends on where your going for a map... if your having a custom map done, ask whoevers doing it what they can worth with. I know a few people added the HPFP at stage 1 (1+) which allowed more torque than Stage 2.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire

Stage 2 mods; intake, FMIC, Trackslag DP, Milltek Catback
335bhp & 333ft/lbs
b8ebe58c033c945b591550002f7afe8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
I didn't really think Stage 2 was worth it TBH. I only gained 10lbs of torque for the money spent. Depends on where your going for a map... if your having a custom map done, ask whoevers doing it what they can worth with. I know a few people added the HPFP at stage 1 (1+) which allowed more torque than Stage 2.
The plan is to go to R-Tech, reading on their website doing the decat and induction kit enable stage 2 for them which is about 20-30 more than stage one.

Was going for the air filter anyway, I might be Forty odd but I want wooshy noises. So if a decat for £150 enable an extra 20+ hp for the money it makes sense to me. I'll call them and see what they advise.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Stage 2 mods; intake, FMIC, Trackslag DP, Milltek Catback
335bhp & 333ft/lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like good results to me for mods. What FMIC did you go for?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Sounds like good results to me for mods. What FMIC did you go for?
I didn’t like how much crash bar (all of it) you have to remove when fitting a welly cooler, so I used a Mishimoto J Line intercooler and created my own hardpipe kit from straights and bends.
Although it’s only 8” high, it’s 4” thick and it gets 100% cold air as it fills the grill and isn’t up behind the bumper!!

073ed7d8849897b4f02118b0b051e4fb.jpg
785fd89e3cd325a6c5b027fb925956e2.jpg
0315a0b1b24a6236f78233e197f8a4a5.jpg

Last edited:

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Nice job, that looks good and would not of cost the price of the bigger units

Intercooler is on my list, but living in Devon I'm lucky to not have to sit in traffic much

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members