Cup Holder and Interior Door Handle Probs

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Finally picked up my cupra r mk1 yesterday and noticed x2 minor faults:

Cup Holder does not pop out

The interior door handle plastic is peeling off, and am told this is a common fault with them.

Ive got 2 months left on my dealer warranty, are these items covered?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Cup holder will be. It is a common fault and they'll probably replace it.
Not sure on the door handle but it's worth a try. If not then a new one won't be much.

JoeV

Apr 28, 2008
Chester
Seem to be common faults on all VAG cars. My dads A3 cup holder stuck in and my old golf started peeling on most of the black plastics.
I am sure the cupholder will be covered but they'll probably come up with the excuse of wear and tear on the handles.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
i think the handles are only about £15 for the pair, so it aint bad, just thought id check whilst i still got warranty. It runs out in nov, so gona take it in saying i got an 'issue' with it, and tell them to do a full inspection of the car. will it work?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Had the same problem with the cup holder. I simply nudged it here and there and it came out. Stupid thing likes to get stuck every now and again but I always seem to get it to pop out in the end

Pat J

Detailing obsessive
Jun 12, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Cup holder not working can be a blessing in disguise ;) Means you don't put a cold drink in there and the condensation makes its way down and kills your climate control screen [:@]

Dave T

cup holder was stikcing on mine when I got it, after a bit of playign with it a credit card underneath it seems to have loosened it, now it won't go back in fully!!!:doh:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
Mmy cup holder was also stuck so i prized it open only for the spring to break. i suppose it stops me spilling drink over my stereo.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
when u say door handle , do u mean what u actually pull to open , or is this the big handle u pull to close the doors (looks part of the door card )

also mine is intermitend withthe cup holder , can u upgrade to adiffernt cup holder , ie, newer ones from a3 or something
cheers

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
its the big black handles to open door, they peeling.

was gona fiddle with the cup holder, but scared once its out, it wont go back in!

Pat J

Detailing obsessive
Jun 12, 2008
North Lincolnshire
I just don't use mine. My climate control screen died just after I got the car and when I took it out it was sticky and smelt of soft drink. As I hadn't used the cup holder I knew it wasn't from me.
I managed to get a replacement climate control unit off e-bay for a lot less than the dealers price of £400+ :-o
So I never use the cup holder at all now, so I will possibly replace it with a useful switch or something possibly wiring my sat nav through it so it looks factory.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Just got back from SEAT dealer, had the door handles and cup holder replaced under warranty (booked in last day of warranty!). Door handles are all good, cup holder kinda sticking a lil, but think its just the design of it, should wear in soon enough.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.