Cupra 1.8t lumpy, no power

Redworminator

Sep 4, 2019
Today I went to accelerate and there was no power, the car was very lumpy and shaky. Had to keep it in the low gears or it felt like it would stall. Had a look and found a hose bend going into the inlet manifold had a split, went to my local VW parts shop for a new one and put it on. No change still the same, plug a code reader in and it's coming up with P0302 cylinder 2 misfire detected. Any ideas anyone?

Redworminator

Sep 4, 2019
Could be couldn't it but not sure I want to buy a new one to find out it's not it. Are they interchangable? So I could swap them then see if the problem has moved to another cylinder

Mannyg60

Nov 21, 2016
Move one to the other cylinder and see what happens or unplug that one to see if it makes any difference, if it doesn't, then I suspect coil pack

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thanks, just looked on euro car parts and with their weekend discount can get four for £90 so hopefully it's that

Use original Bosch or you’ll have them fail much quicker. Especially if you have a mapped car.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Redworminator

Sep 4, 2019
That's a good idea. Just swapped them around and it's saying misfire on cylinder 1 now, so fingers crossed it looks like the problem, so first thing I'll replace it and then see how she is.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Keep spares in car and a spanner.
I had one go on track. Changed it out. Took a while as I haven’t deleted the bits in the way.
Bolted back together. Dropped another on the next lap!!
Had to go off site.
Now I carry 4 Bosch at all times.
Funny. Since putting Bosch in I have t had one go in over a year.

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Keep spares in car and a spanner.
I had one go on track. Changed it out. Took a while as I haven’t deleted the bits in the way.
Bolted back together. Dropped another on the next lap!!
Had to go off site.
Now I carry 4 Bosch at all times.
Funny. Since putting Bosch in I have t had one go in over a year.

Good ole German engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.