Cupra 2006 vs FR 2007 Repros. The test.

Bi0H4z4rD

Well, my experience from my own 2006 Ibiza Cupra TDI and my friend 2007 Ibiza FR TDI. Both custom remapped, using same sequence and parameters (percents).

I must say that the result i got with the FR was simply amazing :p. I have not tested it on dyno, but i can say that it must be around 160hp or maybe a few more! Now the car pulls from 1700RPM until 4200RPM like a demon, i can even feel that its more powerful than my cupra! I really got amazed with this one. :funk:

On stock FR map there was a noticeable peak on injection at 1700RPM that made the wheels loose traction, but i removed it and made it go smoother and now the car is really bullet-like and has no traction loss! :funk: This peak does not exist on models previous than 2006.

About my cupra yeah, i can feel that it pulls a little more from low RPM, but i dont really feel like its a change like it has been on FR. I can say that it now runs smoother, not so rabid, but pulls quite good as always.

So i must say that (on a stock car) its quite worth to repro an FR, but maybe not really worth to do on a cupra.[:@]

What do you think guys? :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2005
Must be a pretty crap map if you havnt noticed the difference on the cupra. I have a custom map from BAS and the difference between that map and standard is night and day. Its added at least 45bp and a 110nm of torque proven!

Bi0H4z4rD

Must be a pretty crap map if you havnt noticed the difference on the cupra. I have a custom map from BAS and the difference between that map and standard is night and day. Its added at least 45bp and a 110nm of torque proven!

Yeah, of course its not a very good map. But the point im talking about is that with the same modifications (on percents) on a cupra TDI map and a FR TDI map, it is more noticeable on the FR.

Btw, anyone can tell me how much can the turbo be boosted to on the cupra? I raised it very little, its running at 2570mbar max (This can be checked in realtime using VAG-COM).

BR

Oct 12, 2005
They run at 1.55 bar. I think they can be pushed to 1.7 bar. Mine spikes at 1.9 but settles to 1.7bar

Bi0H4z4rD

@Rick 2001:

Yeah, on models previous to 2006, FR had a KKK turbo, but not on 2006+ models (as far as im informed).

@chillcupra:

Okie, i will boost another 200mbars to see difference, maybe that is what i am missing on my cupra :funk:

BR

T. Spark

So the 2006 FR TDi is no longer a KKK turbo varient? Using the garret version as found on the PD130's in VW/Audi years ago?

Im going to have to take a look at my mates this evening then.

Bi0H4z4rD

So the 2006 FR TDi is no longer a KKK turbo varient? Using the garret version as found on the PD130's in VW/Audi years ago?

Yeah, thats the best way to stay out of doubts! Waiting for your info!

If you cant, just tell me if i can help taking some photos of my friend's 2007 FR turbo!

BR

T. Spark

Interesting if that is the case, as his engine code is BLT (which arent meant to be as good from what ive heard)

Bi0H4z4rD

Interesting if that is the case, as his engine code is BLT (which arent meant to be as good from what ive heard)

Well, i can tell you for sure that the factory ECU maps have some differences (not in offset), like the injection quantity curve and torque limiters, some minor changes on turbo boost curve, etc... I can uploadstock 2003 FR TDI map and my friends (2007) one, if anyone interested.

BR

Bi0H4z4rD

Well, here is an image of few stuff. Upper curve is injection pressure, lower curve is injection quantity (anyone can correct me if im wrong). You can clearly see big differences on the first curve and a little one (pointed, its the text) on the second one. The "stock (green) curve is from the 2003 FR TDI, and the purple\red one is from the 2007 FR TDI. Red means higher value, and purple means lower.

At the left is a list of memory addreses relative to torque limiters, injection quantity relative to temperature, turbo boost, etc... that you can clearly see that are different (same is green, different is white).

Didnt upload more images due to space. If you want any in particular, just let me know.

ibizafrtdimapsgf3.jpg

Jille

hmm, this topic looks interesting!

Next to the WINOLS-tool, what kind of cable do you use to get access to the data? An ordinary OBD2-cable (vagcom-compatible) or is it something else?

Bi0H4z4rD

hmm, this topic looks interesting!

Next to the WINOLS-tool, what kind of cable do you use to get access to the data? An ordinary OBD2-cable (vagcom-compatible) or is it something else?

ECU's dont work like "vag" or not "vag". Our Ibizas are Bosch EDC15 (diesel). Petrol ones are ME7.x (not sure).

To read the ECU you need a tool able to read an EDC15 map (kwp2000, Galletto..), not a simple VAG cable.
You can find these at a very cheap price at ebay, but of course with "no support or updates", you understand me.

This is more complex that it looks initially, just in case you think this is childs game...

Bi0H4z4rD

Forgot to ask u if u did take that look at your mate's turbo:doh:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.