Cupra 280 DSG Gearbox warning message

mc-obesity

Alright people...

Had a minor heart attack today.. popped into the corner shop today and when i got back in the Cupra and started it up, it beeped at me quite aggressively with a warning something along the lines of "Gearbox Issue, go to workshop immediately"

That wasn't the exact wording but i panic, turned it off then back on straight away and the message/warning disappeared?

I restarted the car a few more times later on and it didn't come back up. You think ill be alright? Any ideas what it could be???

Ive only had it 4 days :O

:cry:

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Don't worry.

There is a TPI for that.

There is only a connectivity failure, so your garage will change the DSG gear selector lever. I had this, too. Mine selector would be changed on friday.

Regards

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Don't worry.

There is a TPI for that.

There is only a connectivity failure, so your garage will change the DSG gear selector lever. I had this, too. Mine selector would be changed on friday.

Regards

Still better get it booked in for fix.

mc-obesity

epu3y4yj.jpg

Took in today...
They have never seen the problem before apparently
But it does look like that gear selector thing
Gave me a courtesy leon to drive (with no fuel at all)
Need to order a part so I'll get an update tomorrow.

:( sucks

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Half of Spain seem to go on their jollys for the summer so probably 8-10 weeks

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Its only a electrical connectivity/communication error. Your garage will change the gear selector, like mine. Since changing, the was no error anymore :)

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Yes - i was able and allowed to drive the car untill the exchange. They only cleaned the error-memory and ordered the new selector. It was a waiting time about two weeks, because the new selector came from Martorell, SEAT spain.

meich

Jan 15, 2014
You have my sympathy, mate!

How many error messages you have had in which period? Did you called or mailed the SEAT customer-hotline? Did you have a SEAT mobility warranty?

mc-obesity

I got it twice within a week when starting the car (not while driving) but turning it off and on again removed the message..
I just rang the seat guy that dropped it off to me and he told me to bring it in.
I've emailed seat customer care who are looking into it and should have a update tomorrow so I'll mention that they let you drive yours ha
I've got a courtesy car at the moment but it's just not the same as a Cupra ha

Thanks for the help by the way! :)

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Yes, i'd had the same like you. Starting the car -> Error. Sometimes starting the car, selected R or D... ERROR.

I was at two different SEAT garages, the first one cleaned the memory, and shrugged his shoulders - the second one even killed the error-memory, but ordered the new gear selector (i hope it's the right name :D)

Call them, that SEAT Germany had no concerns and let his customer drive on. I know a much drivers with this error - everybody had the same situation like me. No one was a pedestrian at this time.

Last edited:

mc-obesity

Well they definitely won't let me drive it...
But my ranting to seat customer service seems to have paid off, part is there or delivered tomorrow and they are going to fit it ASAP. They say Monday at the latest.
Thank god it isn't gunna be weeks :|