Cupra 280 Dyno Figures

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
OK, so the throttle response changes too? I'm assuming that it's just that and the audio symposer that is altered in the engine settings.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Firstly I would take it to another RR! it is possible for RR's to underread, but you did mention that Golf R's have been seeing 300+

Could be possible that factory fitted a 265 ecu you your car by accident or its got a leak somewhere.

Although it seems massively unlikely, the reduced output and shocking mpg may indicated something wrong with the standard map, and getting seat to do anything based on dyno plots will be like ploughing fog. If it was me id get it remapped, one that does a money back guarantee if it doesn't fix the ops issues.

Last edited:

RabRS

Aug 25, 2014
Actually, I no longer care. Leon is gone. Evo 9 FQ360 is here. Got 26mpg down from Scotland to Birmingham. I used 61 ltrs of fuel by the receipts 357 miles. Gives me 26.61mpg.

Going home I used 66.96ltrs, over a shorter 329miles which gave me 22.34mpg. I think clearly, that Leon was not healthy. However, as the above fella has said, it was pointless trying to explain this to the dealers. All the were interested in was fault codes, of which there were none.

So, I'm off to buy a van for work now.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Had mine done recently when getting it mapped. The stock power was 271 and torque 245lb/ft. Couldn't get an accurate after test due to wheelslip, best we saw was 309bhp at around 5300rpm. But dyno would suggest around 330 max, torque is up 40 - 50lb/ft I would guess. Will know for sure in a few weeks time, though being a different set of rollers on a different day means it won't be comparable

That stock BHP seems low, as all my prevous SEATs had more than the claimed amount which seems to be the SEAT way.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Tbh I wouldn't trust any RR operator who can't get a figure due to wheelspin. 271 was that whp or at the fly?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
regardless of how useless all the power is, you should still get more than 330 mate, 350/360 is the current norm. Still curious whose map it is tho?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
So you asked for 330? Did they do it half price ;)

380 from a stage 1 ain't happening unless the dyno is drunk, stage 2 sure im open to that idea, but not on standard hardware imo

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I looked at their site and while they do have 2 fb posts about getting 380, their actual website says 350 stage 1 and 370 stage 2. As you said yourself, dynos are notoriously inaccurate and let's face it, numbers sell.

As long as youre happy then thats all that counts but your initial posts rang alarm bells of a dodgy map, but not if this is exactly what you asked for. And have you seen revos graph, its smoother than the big lump of Apr that I think youre referring too.

Last edited:

Stever750

Nov 20, 2014
West Wales
Shark guarantee 350 FWIW. It's all academic anyway, I sold the car after turbo exploded. Tbh in future if I want more power, I'll just buy a faster car.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.