Cupra 280 heated seats

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Hi guys how are every one else’s heated seats in their 280s? Mine get hardly warm on the highest setting, don’t know if it’s normal or not. I have the black and white leather seats if that makes any difference, cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I have the std alcantara seats in my 280 and bum warmers are very toastie. I still find the hottest setting too warm. Sounds like yours has an issue. Is the bum warmer fuse OK?

Last edited:

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Yeah I thought that might be the case, if anyone has any ideas what it could be I’d be very great full cheers

Deleted member 103408

I have the black and white leather seats and they work fine (bum only nothing on the back). Have you got any OBD Diagnostic tools to see if there is a fault being repoted.

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Yeah I do have an OBD scanner, got no faults except a communication error between the gear shifter and the ecu or something, so that’s unrelated. They do work both sides and get to about the same temperature, but take ages to do so and as I said only get a little warm. How long do yours take to heat up completely? Thanks

Deleted member 103408

Not long 5 - 10 Minutes but to be fair I dont use them very much.

Do you have OBD11 (So you can double check the heat settings)

This is what mine are set to

Seat heater level current consumption allocation:
Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle:
23.50 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle:
24.50 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle:
37.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle:
38.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle:
0.00 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle:
54.50 °C
Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle:
55.00 °C
Sitzheizung Filterkonstante fuer Waermefluss:
10 s
Sitzheizung Regeltemperaturkorrektur bei Waermefluss:
1.10 °C

Deleted member 103408

Also on the on off switch you can have one, two or three lights shown are you using it with all three lights (full power) - I know its a stupid question but you never know.

Oldlandsam

Sep 16, 2015
Wow thanks for the information much appreciated, unfortunately my scanner is only a cheap one and dosent have any advanced functions like that. Might invest in one though cheaper than going to a garage! Thanks again

Deleted member 103408

I use OBD11 but you will need the Pro version, I would suggest you just ask if anybody in your area can give you a hand with VCDS/OBD11 and check the settings, Cheaper than buying a unit you wont use otherwise.

just another thought what happens when you try on mid heat. have the seats been like this from new and have you got seat covers on by sny chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.