Cupra 280 REAL Mpg?

mc-obesity

Does anyone actually have a new Cupra yet? :whistle:

If so, what MPG are you getting on normal driving, motorway driving and foot down driving?

Every time I mention to people that Seat quote 41mpg combined (280 dsg) the cheeky buggers laugh in my face and tell me to go away!

Shocking i know... but yeah can anyone give any real life mpg stats?

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
httx://ww.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/628966.html

17.04.2014 1.371 412,0 34,96
Summer tires
Motor-way City Country roads Normal 56,60 8,49L/100
09.04.2014 959 518,0 46,42
Summer tires
Motor-way City Country roads Normal 73,76 8,96L/100

not bad

mc-obesity

Any idea what all that means in English miles per gallon? I cant work it out ha or am I just being completely stupid?! :O ha

+ I'm curious because It's just nice to know? Im obviously not expecting anything fantastic im just curious to see if it hits what they have said it will... Research ;)

+ thanks M0rk! good to know

simonkit

Sounds about the same as I get from my MK5 Golf GTI so not bad at all... getting more tempting by the day although can't help keeping an eye on MK7 GTI prices too

Simon

mc-obesity

Tbh I was more impressed with the way the MK7 GTD looked over the GTI and the R. I was strongly contemplating getting the Golf R but the price, performance and looks of the cupra made it clear which one I wanted more :D seems a lot more "bang for your buck" kinda situation with the Cupra too. + I'm only 20 and this will be my first "fast" car so I think this will be more than enough for me ha :D

Mattias

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
Whats your mpg if you drive real gentle about 62 mph on good road no traffic or stops?.
Is it possible to even reach 40 mpg with cupra when driving real gently?, When the car is new its quite tight in the motor?.

I have 800+ miles on mine. Mixed motorway and short routes. Been giving it some more beans the last 300 miles.

Average MPG since new is around 31.

Scott

Last edited:

Mattias

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
I can understand that:D. Its just that iam going to use mine to work every day and hoping for around 40 mpg, driving it like a senior. But on weekends.....:).. thats when to hammer it!!

Don't know. Will have to check. I'm not really driving it gently any more. :)

Scott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.