Cupra 280 side skirts - fitting help needed

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
I bought some genuine seat side skirts for my 280 sc about six months ago, they are pre painted in red and look very nice quality,

I have read the instructions but cant work out where to apply the adhesive. the instructiosn diagram makes no sense, it says where to add the 5mm bead of glue but it appears this will not meet with the sills.

has anyone fitted these themselves? any tips on adding the glue and how to fit?

many thansk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Yes I fitted oem skirts myself. I stuck the bead of adhesive along the length of skirt where it comes into contact with the sill in a recessed area of the sill which forms a well for the glue to sit I guess so it keeps it in situ on the skirt. The well is only thin and is formed from 2 raised lines the length of the skirt. If I was doing the install again I would probably opt for 3m adhesive tape rather than fannying about with adhesive paste.

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Mine had cushioned sticky tape along the length between those 2 raised lines.
The adhesive was put just below this - a 5 mm bead there will contact the sill when they are pressed into position. I assume the sticky cushioned tape helps with initial fixing and holds whilst the adhesive cures and forms a barrier for dirt getting in from the top..

I've heard of people just using 3M tape too without the adhesive.