Cupra 290, anyone?

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
Well from the Seat Forum in Holland we have regular meetings at the NBR.
1st of November we have one again and it is open to all Seat lovers and you do not have to take a drive there but it is always nice to have lunch together, watch all the cars passing by on the normal roads and sit at the track looking at some idiots on the track that is open to all people who wants to try it because it is regarded as a public toll road for that day.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Reading the press release it also seems to include sat nav high (that's makes sense since you need it to spec full link at the moment).

Isn't that the case just for your market? I could spec full link without any sat nav what so ever (MY16).

myriad

Sep 16, 2015
Isn't that the case just for your market? I could spec full link without any sat nav what so ever (MY16).

Could be, I can only tell you what the UK spec is :)

We have to add sat nav high to get full link, so 290 will include £830 of options just with these two, will be interesting to see what the price difference to 280 will be.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006

We have to add sat nav high to get full link, so 290 will include £830 of options just with these two, will be interesting to see what the price difference to 280 will be.

Am pretty sure that isn't correct. Full Link is £150 and doesnt require sat nav high. Certainly the case for my MY2016 Cupra.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

As above you can spec the full link without nav high system. Done so on my cupra.

myriad

Sep 16, 2015
Is the configurator wrong then, it won't let you add full link without sat nav high?

3pointturn

Nov 18, 2011
Ok I know dealers don't know their **** from their elbow but when I was speccing a 280 I said I'll probably hold off till I'm certain I'll be in the 290 build date window, their reply was

"I think it will be March production onwards"

That's nonsense surely?

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
I'm not sure. Maybe win an additional unit. But the usb point has now moved to just in front of the gear stick... Full link to work display/display it needs to be plugged in to the phone.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Ok I know dealers don't know their **** from their elbow but when I was speccing a 280 I said I'll probably hold off till I'm certain I'll be in the 290 build date window, their reply was

"I think it will be March production onwards"

That's nonsense surely?

The Cupra 290 will be released in March.

No wait, I mean February.

Actually, what I really mean is June.

Sorry, I slipped up again, I mean May.

See what I'm getting at?

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Hey spike, greetings from prague :D i've ordered mine in july and hopefully should get it in november. Asked seat about version and they've told me it will be most probably 280 version, theyre not sure. Where have u ordered it? Was the discount good on 290?

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Yes czech, living in prague but ordered the car in brno, althought i have seat jarov 200m from home. The prague retailer wasnt too friendly/ didnt cared to sell the car at all. The waiting is pretty long, need the car now :) what options u went for and what eta on delivery they gave u?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.