Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Cupra 290 Lux - SEAT Sound + Winter Pack

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by The Daily Meme, Sep 12, 2019.

1. The Daily Meme

The Daily Meme Waiting...

I’m waiting for the paperwork to come through so I can go through and check all the small print. I suspect there would be a limit on the number of tyre changes you can have as well. To be honest I think I might be better off not agreeing to pay for it and then just get the car serviced under my own steam.

2. dsj20v

dsj20v Active Member

£70per month is awful, so £3360 over the term, even 3 sets of ps4s, 3 services and an mot will only come to £2200 give or take

3. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

The Lux doesn't have the winter pack anymore. They replaced it with safety pack which is rear seatbelt warning and tiredness warning. Heated nozzles and headlight washers have gone.

4. Titchy

Titchy Active Member

Damn sorry if I caused any confusion.

WTF are Seat doing? Does my head in. We’ve been looking at getting an ateca but same deal if you want acc and heated seats you have to have leather.... why I don’t want leather. Anyway that’s another rant for a different thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SRGTD

SRGTD Active Member

Is the removal of heated nozzles and headlamp washers a big issue though?

IMO, heated washer jets can be of limited value if the washer fluid isn’t at the correct concentration for winter use. In sub-zero conditions, if the washer fluid concentration is too low, it can freeze in the flexible tubing between the jets and the washer fluid reservoir, and in those circumstances heated jets won’t help with being able to use your windscreen washers.

I don’t find headlamp washers to be very effective at cleaning headlamps either; they do a great job of using up your washer fluid though, and spraying washer fluid all over the bonnet - particularly annoying if you’ve just washed the car!

6. The Daily Meme

I’m with you on that, my current car has the winter pack and the only thing I’m grateful for is the heated seats. And I’m pleased to hear that the Cupra Lux comes with heated Alcantara bucket seats. Providing the spec sheet doesn’t change between now and next week.

That’s what I was thinking but if you add the cost of 4-5 services on as well, plus maybe a set of brakes. It’s a little on the pricey side, but then again. If I want to spread the cost over time I’ll just put it in a credit card.

7. dsj20v

dsj20v Active Member

You would prob only use 3 services on longlife

8. The Daily Meme

Might as well get a 290 Lux. Comes with alcantara heated seats.

9. Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748 Active Member

At least I'm not the only one experiencing SEAT's very confusing availability and options/equipment list. Info varies from dealer to dealer.

10. Deathjam

Deathjam Active Member

i got an 18 plate 300 fully loaded with everything except pano roof, the only down side is its the original digital cockpit

11. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

Not saying it's an issue. I was just pointing out the weird changes of SEAT in case anyone was expecting the heated nozzles. The seat belt warning and tiredness monitor are just as useless. No idea what SEAT is doing.

12. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

I agree the options are completely random and annoying you have to have options you don't want to get options you do.
    I'm one of the strange people who wanted leather due to having a kid and dog and I wanted ACC so it sort of worked out ok for me. I would have liked SEAT sound though and couldn't have that as an option.

13. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

They don't use the brand alcantara anymore. They must use a different brand as they use the words micro suede in all MY20 documentation.

14. SRGTD

SRGTD Active Member

The cost to Seat of adding seat belt warning and tiredness monitor is probably less than the cost of heated nozzles and headlamp washers. Seat would probably say that although they’ve removed a couple of items of equipment, they’ve offset this loss of equipment by adding a couple of ‘valuable’ and ‘useful’ safety related items.

Agree that the rear seat belt warning and tiredness monitor don’t add much, if any, value. We used to manage perfectly well without these items in the past.

15. The Daily Meme

I'm with you, I want leather seats as I have a dog and a messy girlfriend:mad: :oops:
    But I don't mind the suede seats. BETTER THAN CLOTH

16. The Daily Meme

I've done it anyway, submitted the application for a formal quote from the finance company. See what they come back with. Expecting it to come in under £300 pcm or near to.

Lmbarrett83 likes this.