Cupra 290 mystery blue

Oct 10, 2019
Hi all,

So I ordered a cupra in mystery blue in July, got my car last month and after being messed around by SEAT a lot I finally got it and it was the pre December 2018 version without the Copper badges/caps. The dealership agreed to fit them today and my cars in now.

One thing I’m wondering about is the red calipers, on my car the callipers are red which I actually prefer to the new black version. Just a bit worried whether it’s going to be too many colours with the blue paint, copper badges, black lettering, chrome alloys and red calipers. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Will post some pics later when I get it back

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi all,

So I ordered a cupra in mystery blue in July, got my car last month and after being messed around by SEAT a lot I finally got it and it was the pre December 2018 version without the Copper badges/caps. The dealership agreed to fit them today and my cars in now.

One thing I’m wondering about is the red calipers, on my car the callipers are red which I actually prefer to the new black version. Just a bit worried whether it’s going to be too many colours with the blue paint, copper badges, black lettering, chrome alloys and red calipers. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Will post some pics later when I get it back
mines also missed the copper badging, i took delivery in November last year. i personally prefer the silver badging and the Red calipers. i think the Copper should have been left until the New Cupra badge was on the Leon

Oct 10, 2019
Works been finished. Callipers actually look better than the black I think just not 100% sure on the 290 cupra flags. On the new version the back is debadged and the front one is a black badge instead of silver and red.

What are people’s thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
if you got your car last month should it not have been a 69 plate?

i like the black lettering on the rear, i dont like the new black badges or black calipers. i also dont like how they Copper models do not have cupra logos on the steering wheel or gear selector

Oct 10, 2019
if you got your car last month should it not have been a 69 plate?

i like the black lettering on the rear, i dont like the new black badges or black calipers. i also dont like how they Copper models do not have cupra logos on the steering wheel or gear selector

Apologies I meant August not last month. Yeah I love the black lettering and copper badges, wish they had the cupra logo but I think that will come soon.

Happy I’ve got red callipers rather than black think they look loads better. Just not sure whether to debadge the silver 290 flag on the back and make the front one black or whether to just leave them as they are

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members