Cupra 290 Newbie

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Hello everyone, picking up my first Seat on Thursday. A Cupra 290 and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm looking for all sorts of information on the cars and the brand. From general maintenance to the craziest of modifications.

Looking forwards to communicating everyone :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome! Haha, I can imagine your excited! Is the 290 a big power leap for you? There are a handful of MK3 owners on here pushing some serious bhp! So your in good company for everything from cleaning to mods! What colour did you go for?

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Welcome! Haha, I can imagine your excited! Is the 290 a big power leap for you? There are a handful of MK3 owners on here pushing some serious bhp! So your in good company for everything from cleaning to mods! What colour did you go for?
I'm literally counting the seconds mate! I'm coming from a BMW 330d e92 so power wise not too much difference. Its the driving experience which is going to be the biggest leap for me. Glad to hear it, I'll surely be picking their brains eventually! I've gone for white but dont ask me which white because I'm not 100% lol

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
You still have a sweet 290 and a run in Cupra that I bet you’re having lots of fun with. Did you go for a Manual or DSG box? Also what colour?
Well I will be on Thursday when I collect it! I've gone for DSG as I'm coming from an auto. I've gone for white although not 100% sure which white it is

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Well I will be on Thursday when I collect it! I've gone for DSG as I'm coming from an auto. I've gone for white although not 100% sure which white it is

You’ve gone for the best option with the DSG. It’s a much better box than the STD Melted Chocolate Manual. What made you change from a BMW to a Cupra?

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
You’ve gone for the best option with the DSG. It’s a much better box than the STD Melted Chocolate Manual. What made you change from a BMW to a Cupra?
Well I drove the manual first (2 weeks back) and I was ready to buy it, but held back because I wanted to try DSG. After driving the DSG there was no thought to it, I knew straight away it was for me. Well BMW has always been my favourite brand and I fully intended to stay with them. I'd never really considered anything else. Long story short I drove the M140, S3, Golf R & Cupra and my mind was blown by how the Cupra felt compared to the rest.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
I'm literally counting the seconds mate! I'm coming from a BMW 330d e92 so power wise not too much difference. Its the driving experience which is going to be the biggest leap for me. Glad to hear it, I'll surely be picking their brains eventually! I've gone for white but dont ask me which white because I'm not 100% lol

Hello @TDW18 and welcome to the Cupra clan.... if I’m right in saying, I think you can only get two different sorts of white colour. One is a dull white and the other is a metallic white called Nevada white, which I have in a St300 and in my eyes is the best colour. Now @Maypack may not agree as his is red like a post box..LOL. Great choice of gear box,the dsg is silky smooth and the power on tap is insane(especially as I’ve got revo stage1). Roll on Thursday and post some pics when you pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Long story short I drove the M140, S3, Golf R & Cupra and my mind was blown by how the Cupra felt compared to the rest.

Ive been a Seat owner since 2000 and have never been tempted by other marques. I have read and discussed the others and the people I have spoken to say the Cupra is a Drivers car where the others it feels as if your are just along for the ride..uninvolving.

Reactions: Deano j1971

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Ive been a Seat owner since 2000 and have never been tempted by other marques. I have read and discussed the others and the people I have spoken to say the Cupra is a Drivers car where the others it feels as if your are just along for the ride..uninvolving.
100% the cupra was alive the others were like playing on forza! I'm definitely a convert unless I can afford an m3 one day

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
100% the cupra was alive the others were like playing on forza! I'm definitely a convert unless I can afford an m3 one day

Now we are spending vast amounts of Money!!

Where in the country you based? We have a meet planned in Blackpool on 05th Jan. if you’re local (bearing in mind we have one or two people coming from 4+ hours away) it’s a great way to get to know people and get ideas on what you can do with your car.

Also there’s some pretty sweet cars going to be there.

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Hello @TDW18 and welcome to the Cupra clan.... if I’m right in saying, I think you can only get two different sorts of white colour. One is a dull white and the other is a metallic white called Nevada white, which I have in a St300 and in my eyes is the best colour. Now @Maypack may not agree as his is red like a post box..LOL. Great choice of gear box,the dsg is silky smooth and the power on tap is insane(especially as I’ve got revo stage1). Roll on Thursday and post some pics when you pick it up.

Hi thanks for the warm welcome. It looked like the dull white at the dealers, but it was a very dull and rainy day. I love the white but coming from an individual velvet blue BMW I think I'll miss the rewarding radiance of colour when the car has been cleaned? Having said that there's nothing like a crisp white Cupra. Are you using the Revo powerizer or a proper Revo map? Yes indeed I'll be like a kid at Christmas!

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Now we are spending vast amounts of Money!!

Where in the country you based? We have a meet planned in Blackpool on 05th Jan. if you’re local (bearing in mind we have one or two people coming from 4+ hours away) it’s a great way to get to know people and get ideas on what you can do with your car.

Also there’s some pretty sweet cars going to be there.
Yes and that's where the Cupra cant be beaten, bang for buck! I'm based in Wolverhampton so not too far away. I cant make the meet in Jan but would certainly be up for future meets!

Reactions: Maypack

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi thanks for the warm welcome. It looked like the dull white at the dealers, but it was a very dull and rainy day. I love the white but coming from an individual velvet blue BMW I think I'll miss the rewarding radiance of colour when the car has been cleaned? Having said that there's nothing like a crisp white Cupra. Are you using the Revo powerizer or a proper Revo map? Yes indeed I'll be like a kid at Christmas!

Nah...proper revo stage1 +revo carbon series intake system+Friedrich sports catback exhaust system, pushing close to the 400bhp mark on the sleeper estate. Absolutely insane grip and power with the 4Drive, stock golf r blah,blah,blah.
2e3439dda20db0547b72ae63da7393ca.jpg
1f3040ccaada6df3777613e8f8206fea.jpg
3196a329c16a179f3efdc4c8216276bd.jpg
32ccb24f9ac062b23d681ab5047f905b.jpg
8f625fd54ccda2702504e7dc1a59b3bd.jpg

Reactions: Maypack and TDW18

TDW18

Nov 4, 2018
Nah...proper revo stage1 +revo carbon series intake system+Friedrich sports catback exhaust system, pushing close to the 400bhp mark on the sleeper estate. Absolutely insane grip and power with the 4Drive, stock golf r blah,blah,blah.
2e3439dda20db0547b72ae63da7393ca.jpg
1f3040ccaada6df3777613e8f8206fea.jpg
3196a329c16a179f3efdc4c8216276bd.jpg
32ccb24f9ac062b23d681ab5047f905b.jpg
8f625fd54ccda2702504e7dc1a59b3bd.jpg

Wow... You can say sleeper again! I bet you're dusting everything in that! I do want to go stage 1 too at some point but the car is coming with 4 years warranty so I'm thinking more along the lines of a tuning box. I just don't know which one to go for, there's so many! Hence the reason I'm getting your revo map confused with a remus box

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Wow... You can say sleeper again! I bet you're dusting everything in that! I do want to go stage 1 too at some point but the car is coming with 4 years warranty so I'm thinking more along the lines of a tuning box. I just don't know which one to go for, there's so many! Hence the reason I'm getting your revo map confused with a remus box

As @Maypack said there are a few people on here who know more about extreme mods than me, mine is nothing compared to some. I know that @theoldboy has stage3 500bhp+what a sweet motor, that he also uses on the track, paddy6789 use to have a cupra that was 560bhp+ I think, but he now has a diamond of a motor in a black Cupra r limited edition. please forgive me guys if I’ve got the wrong facts.

Reactions: TDW18 and Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
As @Maypack said there are a few people on here who know more about extreme mods than me, mine is nothing compared to some. I know that @theoldboy has stage3 500bhp+what a sweet motor, that he also uses on the track, paddy6789 use to have a cupra that was 560bhp+ I think, but he now has a diamond of a motor in a black Cupra r limited edition. please forgive me guys if I’ve got the wrong facts.

Yours is still a stonker of a car @Deano j1971

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members