Cupra 290 Owner

Feb 13, 2020
Hi all,

First post here, I have in the past few days bought a 3year old Cupra 290 Black and absolutely loving it (except the range, going from a D2 V40 to this, fuel bills are quite the eye opener! :D).

The car is an absolute hooligan and I've had nothing but positive comments, especially on the Black-pack wheels.

I'm in love with driving again!

Robbie 290

Jan 1, 2019
Hey welcome along...you must have been away from turbo petrol cars for a while, the cupra actually does quite well on the old juice...I'm getting around 33mpg most of the time...you should try a Lancer evo or an impreza sti...boy can they drink..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feb 13, 2020
Hey welcome along...you must have been away from turbo petrol cars for a while, the cupra actually does quite well on the old juice...I'm getting around 33mpg most of the time...you should try a Lancer evo or an impreza sti...boy can they drink..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers for the welcome! :) I was in a D2 Volvo V40 for 3 years and a CDTi Astra for a bit before that, so I guess I've got used to zero road tax and 50mpg+. More than happy to trade off the economy for the performance though, pound for pound I can't think of a better value performance car out there!

The economy is also comparable to my old R56 Mini Cooper S, but is 100bhp up!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.