Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Cupra 290 Owner

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS - New Members' started by apscott, Feb 15, 2020.

1. apscott

Hi all,

First post here, I have in the past few days bought a 3year old Cupra 290 Black and absolutely loving it (except the range, going from a D2 V40 to this, fuel bills are quite the eye opener! :D).

The car is an absolute hooligan and I've had nothing but positive comments, especially on the Black-pack wheels.

I'm in love with driving again!

2. Robbie 290

Robbie 290 Active Member

Hey welcome along...you must have been away from turbo petrol cars for a while, the cupra actually does quite well on the old juice...I'm getting around 33mpg most of the time...you should try a Lancer evo or an impreza sti...boy can they drink..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. apscott

Cheers for the welcome! :) I was in a D2 Volvo V40 for 3 years and a CDTi Astra for a bit before that, so I guess I've got used to zero road tax and 50mpg+. More than happy to trade off the economy for the performance though, pound for pound I can't think of a better value performance car out there!

The economy is also comparable to my old R56 Mini Cooper S, but is 100bhp up!

4. Rooster

Rooster Active Member

Welcome.

apscott likes this.
  5. Brimfull

Brimfull Active Member

Hello and welcome

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk