Cupra 290 Revo Stage 1

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Having owned the car six months and covered almost 17t km. I choose to have a Revo stage 1 remap.

I have had MTM and custom maps on my previous cars and spent a lot of time choosing Revo for the Cupra: the pricing for MTM was simply not competitive, APR was from the curves I could find more geared towards torque at low rpm and I believed the risks associated with a custom map vs a tried and tested map to be to high.

Anyway on to the Dyno:

- Stock: 294 hp and 360 nm
- Revo: 382 hp and 465 nm with very progressive and linear curves respectively

On the road:

Much like stock but with an insane twist. On 18" continental winter tires it spins at 130 km/h if you are not careful - and once it gets grip it gathers speed significantly faster than before. All in all it is significantly faster and more fun, but has maintained the day to day capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
No danger, I got mine revo'd and hit lucky in a Black Friday sale booking 3 months in advance. Was gonna advise you to update the clutch, I'm doing mine for the peace of mind it's a lot of torque 5 months old 5k miles

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
As you say the dsg should be fine - the torque is almost within the factory rating of 450 nm :)
What is your experience with the map? I am really impressed...
At the same time it seems to be running a few degrees colder now - it was running stupidly hot when stock (oil temperature of 103-105 c in normal driving).

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Yeah man ran the same at about 105 on the first day of the map being installed, and then went down again after then. Give it a week or two to go back to normal

I gotta say 4 weeks after remap I had the oil warning light bob up so be prepared for it to drink it.

Err I was gobsmacked, the boost ranges are brilliant it felt like a whole new car to me. Honestly I couldn't stop smiling

I had mine done on the last day it was 16 degrees brand new tyres put on the same day, sadly I've not managed to find that traction again 1,2,3 gears are no no's in this weather @ high throttle

Just you wait until spring

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016

I really look forward to spring - hopefully the summer tires will be able to grip in 2/3
I can only agree on the new car feeling..
Did you get your on the dyno?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016

I really look forward to spring - hopefully the summer tires will be able to grip in 2/3
I can only agree on the new car feeling..
Did you get your on the dyno?

Live mapped didn't bother with the dyno my local is charging £50 a go when in spring there on offer for £20

Same map same profile, nice figures from yours I take it I'd be looking to see the same unless you've had other modifications

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Live mapped didn't bother with the dyno my local is charging £50 a go when in spring there on offer for £20

Same map same profile, nice figures from yours I take it I'd be looking to see the same unless you've had other modifications

No other mods on mine so would assume so - always fun to see what the numbers are

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I was told that they might come out higher than the advertised gains, I mean stock wise there supposed to be 286bhp but there been dynos done and shown close to 300.

Ahh the car that keeps giving will post a pic of my dyno in February time.

My uprated clutch is setting me back a fair amount.

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
I was told that they might come out higher than the advertised gains, I mean stock wise there supposed to be 286bhp but there been dynos done and shown close to 300.

Ahh the car that keeps giving will post a pic of my dyno in February time.

My uprated clutch is setting me back a fair amount.

Did you get they dyno run and uprated clutch? I have a 290 manual and thinking about the Revo stage 1. Can I ask which clutch you went for, how you are finding it and the price of the clutch if you don't mind?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I have to say I found the rolling road dynos to not give a as accurate measurement, or be easy to shall we say show a higher reading.

This Saturdays hub based dyno gave the top end figures for Revo the full 370bhp.

And I'm still waiting on my clutch/debating wether it needs it. I have thrashed it in trying to get it to slip/burn in dry conditions and it just doesn't. But for me to stage 2 it's a must got a quote coming on Thursday.

Milltek sports cat Revo full exhaust around 1.5k-2k

Uprated clutch around £950

Uprated intercooler £600-£900

My advice though Revo stage 1 is more than enough I'm just enjoying still not being a parent

4e96c4b163dde1edb85a35a394a9247f.jpg

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
I have to say I found the rolling road dynos to not give a as accurate measurement, or be easy to shall we say show a higher reading.

This Saturdays hub based dyno gave the top end figures for Revo the full 370bhp.

And I'm still waiting on my clutch/debating wether it needs it. I have thrashed it in trying to get it to slip/burn in dry conditions and it just doesn't. But for me to stage 2 it's a must got a quote coming on Thursday.

My advice though Revo stage 1 is more than enough I'm just enjoying still not being a parent

Your torque figures seem a little high compared to what Revo quote? There also seems to be a wee step in torque around 3750rpm? Does that upset the power delivery/traction at all? You managing to find full grip in 3rd? I'd be happy if you could rely on full grip in 3rd on a dry day - i rarely use full power in second anyway.

How many miles have you done with the remap now? All still running smoothly and no issues with the clutch?

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016

Funny to see the difference - the torque curve on mine is more or less flat from 2000ish and up and the peak bhp figure is at higher rpm 6200ish..

I have been running the map for almost 9k km now including a 3,5k km trip across Europe (and Germany = long term high speed cruising) going skiing (high altitude) and being parked for almost a week in minus degrees. All is running smoothly and it was a pleasure in all of the above conditions.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Been running my map now for 9-10k miles absolutely no issues what so ever. Power delivery is beautiful, you tend to get wheel hop and not wheel spin though when driving it.

I don't know why are maps vary my cupra at stock was 300psi though and not 286 (290) fuel variation possibly. I only have and only ever use v power nitro plus. There are about 5 varieties of the Revo I.e DSG manual, 280,290 I don't know about SC and 5 door I wouldn't think the variation would be massive if minor or nothing, I know the the wheel base is longer on 5dr and weighs more. My power delivery is definitely from 1.5 and at 2 k the turbos psi is nearly fully engaged.

You have wheel based rolling road by any chance. My reading is as close to being accurate as it can be. It will be getting done at the fly wheel when it's had the exhaust done.

I've just gone stock today for my service tomorrow, maps being put back on, on Saturday. What a massive difference it is being stock, I feel like I can drive rather lazy and not possibly loose control

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Your torque figures seem a little high compared to what Revo quote? There also seems to be a wee step in torque around 3750rpm? Does that upset the power delivery/traction at all? You managing to find full grip in 3rd? I'd be happy if you could rely on full grip in 3rd on a dry day - i rarely use full power in second anyway.

How many miles have you done with the remap now? All still running smoothly and no issues with the clutch?

I've had 9-10k miles with my Revo no issues what so ever.

Power delivery is spot on tbf not much lag what so ever around the 3k rpm saying that 6th gear 2krpm will pick up very quick.

You don't get so much of wheel spin in wet or cold conditions, it's wheel hop. Your car dash board will sound like it's being hit by a hammer drill. I found directional PZ zeros worked better than bi directional tyres in wet as well.

Seen the Revo maps all variations, I think yours has had low torque version installed, to compensate a stock clutch

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Funny to see the difference - the torque curve on mine is more or less flat from 2000ish and up and the peak bhp figure is at higher rpm 6200ish..

I have been running the map for almost 9k km now including a 3,5k km trip across Europe (and Germany = long term high speed cruising) going skiing (high altitude) and being parked for almost a week in minus degrees. All is running smoothly and it was a pleasure in all of the above conditions.

You should of had the LB not LT map installed, the manuals acquire more boost than the DSG thus have higher torque figures, yours might be set to low torque instead. The boost on the manual is still stupidly high at around 2.2-2.6 bar you'll have to convert it with the psi on board boost gauge.

14afe302f898b10e70e660c56f57d2b6.jpg

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Can 100% confirm that my map and dyno was high boost high performance the top end remap Revo do. But they don't want to put on stock clutches as it can cause slip and I can confirm.

I tried low boost Revo map mode and loved the noise from the exhaust it sounds better than the DSG gear change and you can actually build your boost up with each gear change any way. I have kept this one on to try for the week. But seriously high performance there is absolutely no lag when you put you throttle down and no exaggeration 3mm down on the throttle is like foot to the floor on the stock map

Blanco Vincent uconpi

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.