Cupra 290 stage 1

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
What kind of remaps are available? Is Revo the best way to go? And what kinda price should I be looking at paying.

Deleted member 103408

Dont know about the new 290's but I suspect you will get a bit of wheel hop so will need new dog bone mount (not expensive) and if the tyres are like they always have been then new rubber to use all the power.

Being boring you will also need to inform insurance company and if a Lease then check its ok (some say yes some say no)

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
Dont know about the new 290's but I suspect you will get a bit of wheel hop so will need new dog bone mount (not expensive) and if the tyres are like they always have been then new rubber to use all the power.

What tyres come standard on them?

Deleted member 103408

Normally some form of Conti or Bridgstone but as I don't have one can't confirm.

What i can say is the history of the mk3 Cupra over time has shown the weak spot (manufacturer reducing quality) of the FWD car is Tyres and the Mount, there are tons of threads on here about it. I personally have Revo but there are many good companies (APR for example) and many people are happy with the boxes you fit, but as you have the new car I would double check what impact the new Particulate Filter has on the tunes and on the life of the filter itself.

Reactions: Craig Elliott

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Stage 1 is either software change or box.
You should expect 360-370bhp
With stage 2 you need ic and 3'dp. That should make around 400bhp. Adding intake mod, tip and a drop in should make around 410-420.
Stage 3 would be stage 2 + hybrid turbo + 3 inch turbo back ( if you have 3inch dp then you only miss 3 inch catback) should make up to around 500bhp without opening the engine.
Above 500 it gets more expensive as you should upgrade fuel pump and work on engine internals. If your turbo from stage 3 is big then it should make 550-600 above 2bars of boost.

Above is more or less universal for 280/290/300.

I am skipping expenses for dsg or manual gear box clutch mods as this is more eacj car specific. You can be lucky or not :)

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
I have a DSG. So I hear they can handle big power.

I already read somewhere that the new 290 with the GPF filter might be a pain when it comes to adding more power? Any thoughts?

NuTrippy

Feb 12, 2020
How diz you remove? Just cut it out pr did you change dp? Any coding or check engine

so i took it to SA Tuning, they basically take the filter out the middle, de code it so it doesn’t flag engine management light, honestly can’t even tell it’s been tapered with. Such a neat Job. I have a video o. It but it doesn’t let you upload video? Or am I missing something?

So I found out after watching a few video on YouTube. here check

Reactions: KernelOkey

NuTrippy

Feb 12, 2020
so i took it to SA Tuning, they basically take the filter out the middle, de code it so it doesn’t flag engine management light, honestly can’t even tell it’s been tapered with. Such a neat Job. I have a video o. It but it doesn’t let you upload video? Or am I missing something?

So I found out after watching a few video on YouTube. here check
Different car same concept

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Why would you want a GPF delete? Wouldn't the gains, if any, be minimal?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.