Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
a bit offtopic, but any recommendations on how to clean the blue jean stains from the white trim?

Mine haven't started cracking, but I know they will at some point, and probably will be taking them to an upholster to change that silly white section to something more resistant and lowkey, but in the meanwhile I want them to look as best as possible.

Last edited:

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
after a long time, three trips to the dealer and a new foam, the backet is perfect again, but ... the mark where the break is created is again appearing, so soon it will rip again ... any ideas?[:@]

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
a bit offtopic, but any recommendations on how to clean the blue jean stains from the white trim?

Mine haven't started cracking, but I know they will at some point, and probably will be taking them to an upholster to change that silly white section to something more resistant and lowkey, but in the meanwhile I want them to look as best as possible.

use this... works for me..
.chemicalguys.com/Nonsense_All_Surface_Cleaner

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Hi all, I'm due my service in the next few weeks and I've still heard NOTHING from the dealer about this (I made them aware start of August). Anyone had a quote if they've had to get it fixed non warranty? Xx

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
Hi all, I'm due my service in the next few weeks and I've still heard NOTHING from the dealer about this (I made them aware start of August). Anyone had a quote if they've had to get it fixed non warranty? Xx

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

287 euros the upholstery plus labor and taxes

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Just as a thought, and I'm relying on you guys to tell me if it's a silly idea, my seats are obviously heading the same way and will likely tear in the next 6 months.

If dealers are being very picky about warranty cover, and even if they agree they will only replace it with exactly the same material, is there any benefit to paying to get the material changed to something completely different and more durable?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

beram

Apr 7, 2015
Same issue here:
p4J5FIm.jpg

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
Same issue here:
p4J5FIm.jpg

I currently having problems getting mine sorted as the dealers don't really seem at all bothered. A bit short sighted in my view as it won't be long before I start looking for something to replace the 290BE!

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
I currently having problems getting mine sorted as the dealers don't really seem at all bothered. A bit short sighted in my view as it won't be long before I start looking for something to replace the 290BE!

I had the same experience but it looks like the dealer I use has gone through some staffing changes as the service manager now is very pro-active. I took my 290BE in december for its first (and only) service which was fine and they got the seat covers ordered on warranty, just waiting for them to arrive.

Overall my faith is restored, if I were you I would go to a different dealer if possible.

Last edited:

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016

I had the same experience but it looks like the dealer I use has gone through some staffing changes as the service manager now is very pro-active. I took my 290BE in december for its first (and only) service which was fine and they got the seat covers ordered on warranty, just waiting for them to arrive.

Overall my faith is restored, if I were you I would go to a different dealer if possible.

A bit of an update as well as (potentially) some more SEAT sloppiness!

After the first garage gave me the 'that's outside of the mileage/time scale' answer together with basically saying (without actually saying if you get my drift) that it was my fault, I decided to visit a couple of other local(ish) dealers to pursue the matter as SEAT Customer Services just wanted to side with the dealer. WTF?
Anyway, the gist from the 2nd dealer is that they don't think I have a claim but the service manager will be phoning me next week to confirm this as he's currently in a meeting.

However, garage 3 who'd also taken photos etc (and had initially thought likewise) had actually submitted a report and had been told from SEAT HQ that this is a known problem which is currently under investigation by the factory.
So, persistence prevails and even though it's only the drivers seat that has the problem, maybe I will get a complete new set of seats with quality material instead of the sub standard stuff that's presently fitted.

All garages will be named and shamed/praised in due course........

Last edited:
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

beram

Apr 7, 2015
Just got back from the dealer.
They can fix it for €243 including labour. hmm

darius6745

May 30, 2017
29258543_10214506098819128_3262544466136793088_n.jpg

Same happened to mine. Trying to get my local dealer to sort it but its been 3 weeks and haven't heard anything back. I give the car back in 2 weeks too :(

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Ditto for me. Can't be doing with mucking about with dealer over this minor fault. I'll just argue with the contract hire company when it goes back.

Attachments

• driver seat.jpeg
    driver seat.jpeg
    996.3 KB · Views: 111

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
I can understand you thinking that Kenton but they'll say the onus has been on you to get it fixed under warranty!

Just to update from my earlier posts re the naming and shaming.
The 'really couldn't care less attitude' dealers were Stoneacre, Chesterfield and JCT600, Sheffield whereas the dealer that actually paid some attention and got the job done was Cars2 in Barnsley.

This is part of the reply to the dealer from Paul Cadwallader (who presumably works at SEAT HQ) to Cars2 when it was first reported.

[snip]this is known and under investigation at the factory. this is to
advise you this issue needs to be escalated internally for further investigation,
as this may cause a delay, can you please keep your customer informed. It
would also be helpful if you could let us know how long you will have the
vehicle on site. Please return this query ASAP, once you have returned the
query, we will continue our investigation. Regards, Paul.

beram

Apr 7, 2015
Had mine fixed today at the dealer for €243, bit costy but glad it's fixed, now I just hope it doesn't happen again..

AndyGrey

Jan 17, 2008
Blyth, Northumberland
Same problem with my Bucket seats, started as a crease that then split, see first two pics. Went to dealer yesterday and they say it's not covered under warranty as it's a cut and also wear and tear. Passenger seat is going the same way, see third pic. It won't be long before that one splits as well ! I'm writing to Seat to complain, will update when I get a reply.
Driver1.jpg
Driver2.jpg
Passenger1.jpg

darius6745

May 30, 2017
I got mine done under warranty last week. Took them a couple of months back and forth we got there in the end. Keep the pressure on and if no good try another dealer

Crumpy

May 9, 2018
Mines done exactly the same! noticed it on the drivers seat about a week ago! was wondering how you would even repair that kind of material!?

What a stupid material to use in such a high wear area of the car!!! clearly didn't really test the longevity of the seats when designing the seats! mine are the upgraded bucket seats.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.