Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by willygoncray, May 16, 2018.

1. willygoncray

willygoncray Member

Hi all, just had the resonator taken out of my 18 plate Cupra and I can’t believe how much the noise has changed!

Alongside the deeper growl, the pops and bangs sound like gunfire every time I lift off the throttle in Cupra mode...

If anyone is looking to get this done, I highly recommend speaking to Mr Exhaust in Reigate.

ibizafrSY4, NathJnz and jka like this.
  2. Kinggy

Kinggy Full Member

Just the thing!! I come onto the forum as i'm wanting to get the exhaust changed as not satisfied with the noise coming out of the cupra 300! Your telling me this is just a resonator delete? I WANT THIS DONE TO MINE :)

willygoncray likes this.
  3. Kinggy

Kinggy Full Member

4. Bailer

Bailer Senior Member

Is there any cutting of the original exhaust required? or is this simply a mechanical replacement, this looks interesting but would be wary of butchering a new car.

5. willygoncray

willygoncray Member

6. willygoncray

willygoncray Member

There is some cutting required to get the original resonator off but it’s nothing over the top and seems to be easily reversible.

Attached Files:

7. Bailer

Bailer Senior Member

Thanks, I might have to add it to the list

8. Tully1980

Tully1980 Senior Member

This is EXACTLY what I want to do to my 300 SC when I get it (currently on order with a collection date towards the end of July). It's a lease, so I need something which can easily be removed to put the car back to stock when I need to.

Can you let me know how much of a difference it makes to the interior noise? Is there much of an increase to the exhaust drone at motorway(ish) speeds?

9. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator
    Staff Member

@Andy665 - Any good ?

10. Andy665

Andy665 Full Member

Did not manage to get mine done yesterday - was on standby to go down to a friends exhaust place if they had a ramp become available - they didn't - hopefully sometime next week

11. TallTom

TallTom Full Member

Do wish the exhaust was more audible from inside the car (seeing as the sound proofing is pretty rubbish as it is!). From outside, my manual 300, when warm makes plenty of noise from ~ 3k+

12. almas09

almas09 Full Member

Thinking of having this done on my Cupra too, sounds amazing!

willygoncray likes this.
  13. Tully1980

Tully1980 Senior Member

I've just ordered mine from Progressive Parts :)

I'm not actually collecting my new 300 SC until the end of July, so I'm making sure I'm well prepared!! I've already booked it in to go on the ramps on the day I collect it, too...

willygoncray likes this.
  14. CupraRobX

CupraRobX Full Member

I'm sure I've seen you in and around the Redhill/Reigate area and will have past you in my Monsoon grey 290. I really want to hear what this sounds like as I always thought about getting it chopped but wanted to hear it in the flesh first.

willygoncray likes this.
  15. Bensb93

Bensb93 Full Member

I am in a similar situation to Tully1980 where I would eventually like some extra noise, but something that is reversible.

With a resonator delete, can this be reversed to stock form easily?

16. Tully1980

Tully1980 Senior Member

Yes, I believe the original exhaust needs to be cut to remove the resonator. The kit I’ve bought comes with 2 sleeves which fit over each end of the mid section and can be used to re-fit the resonator section if you need to put it back to stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Tully1980

Tully1980 Senior Member

I should have added that the kit I’ve got (Progressive Parts) has been specifically designed so that it can easily be removed to enable the car to be put back to stock, and it comes with all of the bits to be able to do so easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Bensb93

Bensb93 Full Member

Thanks!!

I will take a look.

19. Daire92

Daire92 Cupra 290 DSG

For anyone thinking of doing the Progressive Parts VAGSport kit here's a video of how easy a job it is to do. After seeing how simple a job this is I think I might give it a shot. It only involves 1 cut and 2 clamps. Old resonator can be clamped back in if you need to afterwards to go back to stock for whatever reason you need. Only giveaway will be that you will have an extra clamp in place of the cut you made.

ibizafrSY4 and willygoncray like this.
  20. willygoncray

willygoncray Member

That may have been me! I'm based in Crawley but happy to give you a little show if you're in the area :)