Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by willygoncray, May 16, 2018 at 11:40 PM.

1. willygoncray

willygoncray New Member

Hi all, just had the resonator taken out of my 18 plate Cupra and I can’t believe how much the noise has changed!

Alongside the deeper growl, the pops and bangs sound like gunfire every time I lift off the throttle in Cupra mode...

If anyone is looking to get this done, I highly recommend speaking to Mr Exhaust in Reigate.

2. Kinggy

Kinggy Full Member

Just the thing!! I come onto the forum as i'm wanting to get the exhaust changed as not satisfied with the noise coming out of the cupra 300! Your telling me this is just a resonator delete? I WANT THIS DONE TO MINE :)

willygoncray likes this.
  3. Kinggy

Kinggy Full Member

4. Bailer

Bailer New Member

Is there any cutting of the original exhaust required? or is this simply a mechanical replacement, this looks interesting but would be wary of butchering a new car.

5. willygoncray

willygoncray New Member

6. willygoncray

willygoncray New Member

There is some cutting required to get the original resonator off but it’s nothing over the top and seems to be easily reversible.

Attached Files:

7. Bailer

Bailer New Member

Thanks, I might have to add it to the list

8. Tully1980

Tully1980 New Member

This is EXACTLY what I want to do to my 300 SC when I get it (currently on order with a collection date towards the end of July). It's a lease, so I need something which can easily be removed to put the car back to stock when I need to.

Can you let me know how much of a difference it makes to the interior noise? Is there much of an increase to the exhaust drone at motorway(ish) speeds?

9. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator
    Staff Member

@Andy665 - Any good ?

10. Andy665

Andy665 New Member

Did not manage to get mine done yesterday - was on standby to go down to a friends exhaust place if they had a ramp become available - they didn't - hopefully sometime next week

11. TallTom

TallTom Full Member

Do wish the exhaust was more audible from inside the car (seeing as the sound proofing is pretty rubbish as it is!). From outside, my manual 300, when warm makes plenty of noise from ~ 3k+