Cupra 300 Resonator Delete

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
On the way home today the guy in front was driving an Focus RS, his was farting and popping all over the place yet my 300 doesn't do anything like it, i got a little envious :bleh:. I have a Manual so not sure if the Res Delete will do anything or be worth it. If it is im definitely interested as long as VWFS don't mind as it is a lease car.

SFJames

Aug 16, 2018
On the way home today the guy in front was driving an Focus RS, his was farting and popping all over the place yet my 300 doesn't do anything like it, i got a little envious :bleh:. I have a Manual so not sure if the Res Delete will do anything or be worth it. If it is im definitely interested as long as VWFS don't mind as it is a lease car.

I have a manual and the vagsport res delete, in Cupra mode - loud! crackles and pops on overrun. Even in comfort it is loud.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Just had this done, can I ask how it was fitted wrong?

How do you mean? The original exhausts on all Cupra 300s have a clamp on them, before the resonator. The original exhaust is cut (after the resonator), and the resonator delete section is fitted using the original clamp at one end, and the clamp that came with the res delete at the other...

When I first had it done, I did have to take it back to have it re-sealed as they’d forgotten to do it, but it’s perfect now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018

Have you spoken to VWFS about this? Same situation with myself, manual SC cupra 300 and want a res delete but not sure how the modifications affect it and can’t find anything mentioning mods on the contract

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Yes it will void the exhaust warranty. If the engine/turbo was to go pop they would also say that you have modified something that has potentially caused the engine to go pop as the exhaust is directly connected to the engine.

Their argument would be its changed stuff outside factory tolerances.

Unless you can prove it hasn't they would have you bent over a desk.

It's the risk you run.
Yes, and no. SEAT NZ told me, in writing, that a resonator delete would only affect an exhaust warranty claim. There is no noticeable effect on exhaust back pressure, so it can't affect the turbo system.

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Have you spoken to VWFS about this? Same situation with myself, manual SC cupra 300 and want a res delete but not sure how the modifications affect it and can’t find anything mentioning mods on the contract

Not yet but i need to phone them to update my direct debit so i will ask about the Res Del at the same time :)

Reactions: cupra300uk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes, and no. SEAT NZ told me, in writing, that a resonator delete would only affect an exhaust warranty claim. There is no noticeable effect on exhaust back pressure, so it can't affect the turbo system.

That's SEAT NZ though. SEAT UK will try to wriggle out of any situation.

its upto you to prove it hasn't caused the issue if there is one.

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Okay no worries, could you let me know what they say please!

Sorry for the slow reply, Took ages for SEAT Finance to reply to me. They said in writing that i am allowed to modify the car as long as it is returned in the state that i recieived it and any damage caused while modifying the car i will be charged for. Hope that helps.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Sorry for the slow reply, Took ages for SEAT Finance to reply to me. They said in writing that i am allowed to modify the car as long as it is returned in the state that i recieived it and any damage caused while modifying the car i will be charged for. Hope that helps.

Cheers mate, got in touch with my dealer and he said the same thing guess that’s the warranty gone

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Drove 50 miles just for them to tell me that I need to get a rear diffuser that will fit quad tips and I can’t have the resonator delete as if I want it reversible they need flanges or something otherwise it wouldn’t be reversible, very confused and annoyed

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Drove 50 miles just for them to tell me that I need to get a rear diffuser that will fit quad tips and I can’t have the resonator delete as if I want it reversible they need flanges or something otherwise it wouldn’t be reversible, very confused and annoyed

Go get a second opinion from someone else.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017

If the quad tips are the same width as the stock oval tips then I can't see why you would need a new diffuser?

I'm also a bit confused about what they said regarding the res delete..? The one I have (VAGSport) is reversible as it's clamped at both ends... Maybe just get yourself one of those and take it to another exhaust place to have it fitted..!

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
The Akrapovic tips I got for my exhaust were 152mm wide and there was still more room for wider ones. I think you cannot go any wider than 180mm before you have to start gutting the diffuser. I’m with Tully1980 on this one get a second opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tully1980

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Went to my local Powerflow and they’ve set me up for the res delete and the quad tips fitting, they were wondering what the other garage was going on about as well, so got the Cupra booked in tomorrow all for £190 I think! Hope that sounds about right

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
My res delete alone cost £150 and I then had to pay to have it fitted, so £190 all in (including the tips) sounds like a bargain! What tips did you go for?

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
ibizafrSY4... I had my res delete and tips done at a powerflow place and they done a great job...price wise for delete and tips sounds about right.. make sure you put some pictures on when it’s done( don’t forget to blank out your reg)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk